do you Know something?
Tip us on sms 1224 (alm. TEXT rate), or send an email to email@example.com. You can also choose to fill in the form below.E-mail: Name: Tel. No: Select the image or video (5 mb) Send the Upload photo/video, Close the
Thank you for your submission
not one of them. The editorsIt was an error - please try again
please Remember to fill in all the fields and attached material must not fill more than 5 mb.
If the problem remains, you can submit the tip on the sms to 1224 (alm. sms tariff), or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Submit material
Police believe that a 26-year-old man has killed three elderly people over the course of four weeks in the same property complex in the area of Østerbro in Copenhagen. All the deaths were first registered as natural, but the autopsy later revealed that two of them were suffocated.
But so far has only taken a position on mistankegrundlaget for a single killing - namely, the death of the 81-year-old woman, who was also it, the 26-year-old was remanded in custody for in the first place by a grundlovsforhør 10. march.
112 - 2. apr. 2019 - at. 14:21 Charged with the killing of the elderly: the Need to be behind bars
And the accusation was enough that he got his pre-trial detention extended until the provisional 30. april. He refuses guilty.
According to the senior prosecutor, Søren Harbo is the reason why he did not raise the two additional drabssigtelser in court that there was no need for it in the relationship to justify the continued detention. And in relation to the principle of proportionality, where a pre-trial detention must be proportionate to, among other things, the expected penalty if he is convicted, there are no problems.
- It is clear that if we think that it is two killings, there bevismæssigt keeps, so we will at some point consider expanding fængslingsgrundlaget. But the need for it, already now there is not, he says.
the Deaths occurred at Vangehusvej on Østerbro in Copenhagen. Photo: Mogens Flindt
- So you should not see it as a sign that it's two weak cases bevismæssigt?
- not at All. It just means that he sits in custody for one murder, and that is plenty, he continues to sit in custody.
By fristforlængelsen was the prosecutor in rejecting his request in open court; by the terms of the investigation despite protests from the press, among other things, with regard to the public interest, and that residents in the area are anxious over the fact that three people in the same property, according to the police is slain, and they therefore have an interest in knowing what the police mistankegrundlag against the man is.
112 - 2. apr. 2019 - at. 18:51 Drabsoffers celebrity-daughter in law: I'd need to see him
the Prosecutor can well understand that such fear, but believes in open court; is needed at the present time.
- They need to know is confident, that we believe that we have caught the person. I can well understand that it is a creepy situation, but one must also accept that, when it is so serious a case, so the police have time to investigate and get the case solved and for everything in the world avoid, that there is something efterforskningsmæssigt, there are spoiled. For if he has done that, the worst thing that could happen is that he ends up being acquitted because the investigation is not progressing according to plan, he says, and continues:
- If this ends in a lawsuit, which we think it does, then it will be opened up there, he says.
however, He says that it may well be that there will be an investigative interest in opening up the matter at a later stage in the investigation.