Five times got a 69-year-old man from Korsør ransacked his house by the police because a neighbor suspected that he held the then-missing 17-year-old Emilie Meng trapped in the house.
Now, the police have raised charges against the neighbor for the illegal interception of the 69-year-olds house.
According to the indictment, which Ekstra Bladet has gained an insight into, and bored neighbor more holes in the wall to the 69-year-olds house, took the brick out of the wall, and set the recording device to intercept and record conversations from the house.
It was not only the 69-year-old, while his two tenants in the house førstesal, which was illegally intercepted, reads the charges against the neighbor.
the Court in Næstved, denmark has not yet set any date on the trial, but on Tuesday there must be a court hearing, where the neighbor's defender, lawyer Henrik Stagetorn, requests that the defendants neighbor is protected by a navneforbud.
Henrik Stagetorn does not want to comment on the unusual aflytningssag, but says simply: - My client refuses guilty.
According to the indictment occurred on the illegal interception at an unknown time between 10. July 2016, where Emilie Meng disappeared without a trace from Korsør Station, and up to 25. October 2016.
During the trial, police require four listening devices confiscated.
the Article continues under the picture ...
the Body of Emilie Meng was found in a lake at the Borup several months after the interception of a house in Dublin. Photo: Private and Per Rasmussen
the Man who was bugged, says to Ekstra Bladet, that it was time that charges against his neighbor.
- I think it is inadmissible that it has taken so long. It is important for me to get established, that there has been something illegal. Otherwise, the progressing legal certainty, and so can all the more afford to listen to his neighbors, he says.
In the Court in Næstved, he got 6000 kr. in compensation for the five unwarranted searches, dkk 1200. pr. time, but The high Court gave him an increased compensation of 2400 dkk. for the fifth search warrant, which was much more comprehensive.
- I still think that the compensation is too low, but I'm glad that after all I was successful in that I got too little for the first time, says the 69-year-old.
By the fifth search bored experts, holes in the walls, floor and plinth and used cameras and sensors to look for hidden rooms.
- There has previously been a cellar under the house, which is filled up, and there is a screed on top. The police said that they would be sure that nothing was overlooked, but it said they also, since they had been here the fourth time and assured me that now they came no more, says the 69-year-old.
the Police never told, that the neighbor had bugged him, but he found out later. According to the 69-year-old, if the attorney has gained an insight into the case, there is 16 hours of audio recordings from his house.
- But it is basically nothing more than road noise, you can hear. The road is very busy, says the 69-year-old, who does not understand how the neighbor has been able to 'hear', to Emilie Meng was hidden in the house.
- I do not understand that the police have been unable to figure it out, but the police have made a lot of mistakes, " says the 69-year-old.
Politinspektør Kim Kliver, Sydsjællands - and Lolland-Falster Police, do not want to comment on the matter, but refers to the prosecutor's office, which has raised the charges.
In april last year set the police investigation of the aflytningssagen, since the prosecution believed that the neighbor had not had the intent to commit the illegal interception.
But the attorney general ordered the police to reopen the proceedings, and now there are so indict the neighbor.
the Case fill is still much for the 69-year-old, who had analysed his house five times.
- The worst is that goes so a long time before the case is completed. I wish that I could close the folder with all the documents and throw it on the fire, he says.
The 69-year-old hope, that a judgment against the neighbor can mean an end to the nightmare: - I would like to get on with my life. It is a little difficult at the moment, he says.
Emilie Mengs body was found on christmas eve 2016 in a lake by Borup on Display. The murder is still unsolved.