do you Know something?
Tip us on sms 1224 (alm. TEXT rate), or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also choose to fill in the form below.E-mail: Name: Tel. No: Select image or video (5 mb) Send Upload photo/video Close
Thank you for your submission
not one of them. The editorsIt was an error - please try again
please Remember to fill in all the fields and attached material must not fill more than 5 mb.
If the problem remains, you can submit the tip on the sms to 1224 (alm. sms tariff), or via email to email@example.com.Submit material
It was a happy Caroline Minna Dereli, who in august last year got a luksustaske from Louis Vuitton in the 50-years birthday present from her husband and daughter.
the Bag is a replacement for an older model similar to, as Caroline had been through eight years.
the Joy was however short-lived, since the new bag for a price of 8650 crowns less than a year after the purchase began to look more and more strange with distinct color differences on the leather, says Caroline.
When Caroline takes contact to the store in the month of may and recycle the bag as a complaint, she is not quite the message she had anticipated.
- They say that it is I myself, who have smeared it into something, which I clearly reject. I have not greased my bag into anything, and I always fits well on my stuff, tells Caroline Minna Dereli.
the Louis Vuitton store in Copenhagen informs according to Caroline, if the error needs to be rectified, so she should pay for it. Price? 4080 dollars.
the Article continues after the image ...
Here is farveforskellen between the two læderstykker. Photo: Caroline Minna Dereli
- I find myself not in. I think that there clearly must have been a mistake on the leather from the start, and it is simply not fair that I have to pay for it, says Caroline.
The expensive bag has Caroline now no joy of.
- For me it is zero dollars worth, as it is today. I'm sorry to say it, but it is just before that kopitaskerne from Turkey is of a better quality. I am very disappointed with it here, " says Caroline.
On Trustpilot, you can see that Caroline is not the only one who has hard time to get Louis Vuitton to take care of complaints. The store has a 'below average' rating of 1.8 out of 5. Here describes several clients that the goods are going rapidly to pieces, and that no help is to be found in the store.
the Extra Leaf has repeatedly tried to get a comment to the course from Louis Vuitton, both through their Danish customer service as well as the media responsible, who is sitting in France. Louis Vuitton is not turned back on some of the Extra the Magazine's inquiries.
the Consumer council Think: make a complaint
Ekstra Bladet has asked seniorjurist Martha Nørgård Olesen from the Danish Consumer council Think, what to do in a case like this, when a company will not accept a warranty claim within the time limit of two years, and when there is a disagreement on the course.
She explains that the first six months the burden of proof rests with the company, which must be able to prove that the fault happened in the consumer. Then is the part of the consumer, who therefore must be able to prove that the fault lies with the company.
It can, however - as Caroline Minna Dereli have experienced - be hard to prove. In this case, however, there is the opportunity to complain to The consumer complaints board.
- They have experts employed, who examine the bag and make an assessment of whether there is a fault in the leather, or the bag has been treated wrong. If she wins the case, then she gets powers opposite Louis Vuitton that they must repair or replace the bag, and tells Martha Nobility Kjeldsen.
It costs 400 crowns to complain, which you get back if you win your case.
Caroline says that she was not aware of the possibility, but that she now will give it a try.
- there is no doubt that I will do. I'm annoyed with, it needs to get there, but so be it, she says.
- I'm sorry to say it, but it is just before that kopitaskerne from Turkey is of a better quality, believe Caroline. Photo: Caroline Minna Dereli