The Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki is pleasantly surprised by the audience's behavior after his first match at this year's Miami Open.
she said This after her victory over the belarusian Aliaksandra Sasnovich Friday evening Danish time.
Last year, announced that she was considering boycotting the tournament because of a bad experience with threatening chants from the stands.
But she nevertheless decided to return to the tournament. This is due, among other things, that the tournament is moved stadium from Key Biscayne to the Miami Dolphins.
- It feels like a whole new tournament, " she says, after the match against Sasnovich.
There are several reasons that she is back at the Miami Open, " she stresses.
- The other reason is that I need to play. Now that I have it, it is just very what happened last year, I just had to get out there and do my best.
She says that she doesn't have anything to complain about after the 6-4, 6-4 victory over his belarusian opponent.
Wozniacki is also pleased with the action, as the tournament has been taken to avoid a situation like the one which unfolded last year.
at the Time described Wozniacki, she was greeted by the unpleasant heckling from the stands during a game against the puertoricaneren Mónica Puig, who lives in Miami and has had a major share of the audience on his side.
Wozniacki saw that tilråbene was looming. Among other things, she heard shouts from people who wanted her parents dead.
She criticized the then leadership in the Miami Open in order not to respond. The management said that the security personnel had not heard the threats and heckling.
a disappointed Wozniacki, which subsequently is considered the to boycott the tournament.
- I think it was important that I called up, she says on the night of Saturday after his first game back in the tournament.
- Now, I feel that we all have come on.
Sports and Games 16-year-old Caroline versus Clara: Here are the differences and similarities