HERNING, denmark (Ekstra Bladet): Martin Retov got on Monday night the reaction he wanted from his players after the performance in Esbjerg, which was far below the acceptable standard.
Three points in a difficult away game, a fighterindsats and a lifeline in bronzekampen was, of course, on the plus side, but still, it was a concerned about the Brøndby-chief, who met the press after the victory in Herning.
- I'm really pleased with the players ' response to the criticism, I hit out last week. All steppede up, and it gives us a big boost to beat FCM in Herning – especially keeping in mind that we meet them in the pokalfinalen also.
Brøndby could on Monday to celebrate an important victory against FCM. Photo: Henning Bagger/Scanpix 2019
- There is a long time to pokalfinalen, so the players ' reaction was the most important thing for me, and the victory means we still have a leg in bronzekampen, said Martin Retov and continued.
It troubles me yet very much, Joel Kabongo had to go out with something that reminded me of a knee injury. It didn't look good, and I really feel with him. In addition, we had to switch Kevin Mensah, who has looked strong for us at fullback.
- With the tanks in the reserves, as you have, I am thinking here particularly Anthony Jung on the ball, are you comfortable with the width in defence?
- Tony came in and delivered a fine performance. He is a trusty replacement, if Mensah must pause. In the center we get Arajuuri back, and then showed Röcker, that he really is the club man. He is away for the summer, but nevertheless he went in, and krigede and played a fantastic match for us.
- I am comfortable with our reserves, but I'm still worried about the damage, for they limit our options.
Retov is comfortable with the reserves, but worried about the width. Photo: Henning Bagger/Scanpix 2019
One of the players who really took a step forward in Brøndby-shirt on Monday night, was Jens Martin Gammelby. The often-reviled back, along with Marvin Schwäbe, Brøndbys best, and Gammelby promise, there is much more in godteposen from him.
- I am starting to find the rhythm. I don't think people have fully understood how far I was set back by my injury in the fall, but now I know to be there, where I should be again.
Defensively it was my best match in Brøndby, but offensively, I would like to contribute more, even if I scored a goal. It was not a particularly pretty goal, but it was good enough important both for the club and me.
- Now, we got, we can beat Midtjylland, which gives a boost toward pokalfinalen, but we have many battles yet, and we shall devour us completely into the bronzekampen, before we even think about the cup.
Brøndby and FC Midtjylland play the cup final in the Park 17. may.
Sport and the Game of australian cricket from the Inside: the Chaos could cost agreement with the super-bombs
Sports and Games top scorer living on seven square meters at home with his parents