Post a Comment Print Share on Facebook
Featured The homeland WNBA Tony Finau Gaetz Andy Reid

reads.

Botswana is investigating the mysterious death of 350 elephants

More than 350 elephants have died under mysterious circumstances in Botswana in southern Africa for the last three months.

It informs local authorities, according to CNN.

Some of the elephants were found dead around waterholes, while the other looked to be dropped dead of head first.

the BBC writes that there are taken samples of the dead animals, and now scientists working in laboratories to decode the cause of death. But it can take several weeks.

There has been speculation that the elephants have been poisoned, but it rejects the dr. Niall McCann from the british dyreværnsorganisation National Park Rescue.

The first 12 dead elephants were found in the beginning of may in the Okavango Delta in Botswana.

In the middle of June, there was found 169 dead elephants, and now says vildtmyndighederne in Botswana, that 275 elephants are confirmed dead.

But the authorities have information that it is rather 356 elephants, who for mysterious reasons has succumbed.

Last year, died around 100 elephants a natural miltbrandsmitte in the area.

Samples of the dead animals shows that it is not anthrax, which has taken the life of them, says Cyril Taolo, acting director of the authority, Nature and national Parks in Botswana, told AFP.

- We also do not suspect to poachers. The animals are found with their tusks.

the Organization Elephants without Borders (ewb is), who determined the death toll to 356, says that 70 percent of elephants dead for a month or more ago. The remaining 30 percent is dead for a couple of days ago or up to some weeks ago.

- There is evidence that the elephants of all ages and of both sexes, who dies, says ewb is director Mike Chase.

A report from the ewb is saying that some elephants have been behaving strange before they fell down and died.

Avatar
Your Name
Post a Comment
Characters Left:
Your comment has been forwarded to the administrator for approval.×
Warning! Will constitute a criminal offense, illegal, threatening, offensive, insulting and swearing, derogatory, defamatory, vulgar, pornographic, indecent, personality rights, damaging or similar nature in the nature of all kinds of financial content, legal, criminal and administrative responsibility for the content of the sender member / members are belong.