Do you breastfeed other people's children?
The Norwegian blogger Julianne Nygaard has put a picture up on his blog 'Pilotfrue', where she tests the 'tvillingestillingen', as you call post, you can see in the picture below.
The Norwegian blogger Julianne Nygård with his own son and his friend's two-year-old daughter. Photo: Pilotfrue.blogg.no
The 28-year-old Julianne, who is a known face in Norway, tells that she shared the picture, as she had a variety of christmas questions from his readers, which focused in particular on breastfeeding.
- In the christmas turned 80 percent of the questions on breast-feeding, and so I thought that it was something I should write about, she says to the Norwegian media VG Familieklubben.
Since people have put themselves to the keys to express what they think about the fact that she is breastfeeding other than her own children.
– There are very many mothers who have contacted me and giving thumb up. They also write that they appreciate that I address the theme, it to breastfeed in public, and now also the so-called 'krydsamning', says Julianne Nygård to VG.
In one of the comments on the bloggers Facebook-page thank one of her followers Julianne to draw attention to the topic:
'Ååå, amazing!!!!! I've said it before - thank you for normalizes breastfeeding and in addition strikes a blow for bonusamning!'
But it is a taboo topic, has Julianne had to realize:
- I have closed for the opportunity to comment on my blog, so I shield myself for the worst comments, she says to VG.
Nygård says that it doesn't feel natural for her to share a picture where she is then undressed, as she is, but she also wants to breathe new life into the debate on breast-feeding and the to breastfeed other people's children.
It is not only Julianne, who is breastfeeding venindens daughter. Her friend also breastfed Juliannes son.
- It was mostly because I was curious on if it would work, in case I need help with breastfeeding, if I get sick, are out of town or similar - and it worked fine, she says.
the healthcare provider and editor of the website health visitor.dk Else Guldager does not see any hazards that you are breast-feeding other people's children, if they know each other well.
- I will not refuse to friends, who know each other well, can do it, she says to Ekstra Bladet.
According to Else This is it is not common to breastfeed other people's children today, and she has never been given the questions about the 'friend-breastfeeding' in the ten years, she has moderated his letterbox. But she also believe that there is something harmful about it:
- I can not see that there should be nothing harmful in the to breastfeed other people's children.
Although for some can work cross-border, that breastfeeding children other than its own, as it has previously be a profession.
- I know that it has been common 200 years ago, where you had not so many means. At that time there were breastfeeding. It was nothing for fine ladies to breastfeed the children, it had people, tell Else Guldager with a laugh.
'Friend-breastfeeding' may, according Else Guldager make a lot of sense, if you are admitted to hospital, or there is one or another that makes that one can not breastfeed her child, but one should be aware that there may come a reaction from the child:
- I'm thinking that a slightly larger child of five-six months, perhaps, will be somewhat astonished suddenly to be breastfed by another, but it is not something that is harmful, end Else Guldager.