Friday night took the tropical storm Pabuk Thailand for full. It was expected to be the worst storm that has hit the country since 1989.
30 000 people were evacuated in the seaside town of Nakhon Si Thammarat, and it was warned about the heavy rain, strong winds and high waves, according to The Nation.
- You can't stay here. It is too dangerous, it should have been shouted from megaphones of myndighetspersonell in the course of Friday evening.
Thousands of tourists, too, must have fled from some of Thailand's most popular resorts.
But despite the fact that one person is confirmed dead and another reported missing after a fishing boat with a crew of six people was hit by powerful waves - has the storm done less damage than first feared, according to The Telegraph.
Thailand's meteorological department stated that the most powerful gusts of wind were up to 65 km/h on Friday evening, and warned that strong winds and waves up to five feet will persist through Saturday.in a few hours sweep the storm "Pabuk" over ferieparadisene Brøndbo in Thailand
Also DDE-vocalist Bjarne Brøndbo, vacationing in Koh Samui, together with his wife Lise Greftegreff, was worried about the storm that was on its way.
In an interview with the Newspaper Friday morning told him that they saw themselves forced to escape from a villa they rented on the beach, and up to a hotel in the height.
We look out over the city and huge waves whips toward the beach. It is totally grey and it is raining so that it sounds like there are lots of fish that will watch in the pool outside of here. It is completely insane. And with a trønder think this is bad. Had we been in the villa down on the beach now, we had been really nervous, " he explained.
When the Newspaper speaks with Brøndbo Saturday morning Norwegian time, he can tell that it has gone much better than first feared.
- It has been very nice. It was not nearly as it was predicted earlier in the week, it calms him.
There has been lots of rain, and I think there has been a lot of wind since the waves have been high. We were on the hill and looked beyond, and then, as it is very hefty."PABUK": the Storm "Pabuk" is expected to hit land within the next hours Friday. Video: NTB Scanpix Show more Ordered pizza
As planned, they drove back to the villa they rent at the beach Saturday morning thai time. Along the way was the storm's ravages are visible.
- in Some places along the road was almost impassable. It was insane a lot of water, and at exposed locations reached the water to the navel.
At the hotel had they are bunkered up with food supplies: two bags of potato chips and a bag of pistachios.
- Kept the supplies?
- no, no, No. We had ordered food from a takeout restaurant. After an hour and a half there came two persons on a motorbike with the food to us. They were wet, but the pizza was good, " he says. English family preparing for the storm: - We have filled up with water and biscuits - No drama
But apart from that they miss the sun, they have it just fine on vacation, bedyrer Brøndbo.
- We have not experienced any drama, but it's a little different weather than we expected when we chose to go here. It goes a little sunscreen, to say it like that, " he says and tells us that they have been sitting inside for two days.
Further, the plan to go to a grocery store - which, incidentally, has been ribbed for bread in anticipation of the storm - to get some food.
Finally tells Brøndbo that despite the weather, so follow the plan and will remain some weeks.Bjarne Brøndbo had to flee from the storm: It's completely insane