Anders Holch Povlsens airline, Blackbird Air Charter, which organises vip flights in luxurious corporate jets, has got air under the wings.
the Company, which he founded in 2014, is the country with its first ever profit of 1.5 million after tax, against three losses adding up to two million dollars in the years that have been leading up to.
the Profits shown in the company's latest accounts, which has just been published.
Close to the Rich from Fires: Now is he the Uk's largest private landowner
the Development am, of course, the company's director, Ole Dupont Christiansen.
- It's fantastic. It is lovely. It is good to see that we are on the right path. It has been a long haul, and it continues to be.
- But if we are getting by, it looks as if we can continue the positive trend, says the director.
best-selling the billionaire Anders Holch Povlsen, who is number two on the Berlingskes list of the country's wealthiest, owns 90 percent of the company's shares.
Ole Dupont Christiansen has a background as a sales director in the DAT and as a leader of charterafdelingen for cargo and passenger aircraft at DSV Air & Sea Horsens. Pr photo
Ole Dupont Christiansen explains the positive development that the airline in 2017 got a permit from the authorities to fly in Danish airspace. the
Close to Jutland's richest continue buying: So much he owns of Denmark
Thus, the company can stand for its own travel instead of just selling the flights with the competitors ' aircraft.
- It means that we have been master in his own house, instead of that we should sit up by other airlines, says Ole Dupont Christiansen.
Blackbird Air Charter is a smaller group, which consists of a holding company and three subsidiaries.
The biggest part of profits is located in the subsidiaries Blackbird Crew, who had a profit of one million dkk after tax in the recently published audited financial statements.
the Blackbird Crew's purpose is to rent out personnel to other airlines.
Anders Holch Povlsen sold earlier in the year, the luxurious corporate aircraft Dassault Falcon 7X, as the Blackbird Air Charter used as part of their business.
Why has the airline now only over rigmandens the Dassault Falcon 2000 and his AgustaWestland helicopter type AW139.
Anders Holch Povlsen has, however, given the commitment to buy a private jets of the mark Gulfstream next year, as well as a Pilatus PC 24.
well-Known Meet the Danish billionaire-heirs: Here is their future
even Though the business runs like clockwork, giving Anders Holch Povlsen not the Ole Dupont Christiansen any julebonus of the profits.
- No, Anders does not interfere much in the company.
- It is not something we have talked about.
- It is also not necessary, and it is completely according to plan, we will, in the first year had a deficit, but so should the company will also soon begin to generate money, says Ole Dupont Christiansen.
the Director says that the company tries to establish itself among other things by serving fresh sandwiches on the flights.
Sometimes it is also hungry stomachs that need to be filled. The airline has, among others, Danish and German football teams as customers, but also foreign rock stars.
- Normally, we are not talking about our customers, because it is people who go very quiet with the doors, but it's all from private individuals to companies, says Ole Dupont Christiansen.
Blackbird Air Charter, based in Billund, denmark, has only a small handful of competitors, including the victorian Air Alsie and copenhagen Executive.
- We are a hybrid, so customers have the option for both the small, but also the long journey. At the same time, we have a network, so we can always find a plane, no matter where you are in the world, says Ole Dupont Christiansen.
however, It does require the coin in his pocket to fly with a company like Anders Holch Povlsens.
A trip from Billund to New York with their Dassault Falcon costs almost 700,000 crowns.