- Covid-19 is only the tip of the iceberg.
this is the sound of it from the chinese virolog Shi Zhengli. She is the director of the Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, and has for years researched viruses in wild animals.
that's Why she's known as the bat-woman.
And In an interview with the chinese tv station CCTN she warns now that there are several unknown viruses out there. Many more.
- This unknown virus, which we have been familiar with, is actually only the tip of the iceberg. If we want to prevent, that the people shall suffer during the next outbreak of an infectious disease, so we need to learn more about these unknown viruses which are in wild animals.
- We will have to find them before they find us, " she says.
at the same time calls on the she China and other countries to use as many resources as possible to achieve more knowledge about the mysterious viruses in wild animals.
the Article continues under the picture ...
Here is the Shi Zhengli into the action in February, when the corona virus had already got in China. Photo: Feature China/Barcroft Media via .
In the wake of the coronavirus outbreak in the entire world is experiencing a considerable political war between China and the UNITED states. The latter claim that they have evidence that the outbreak started when the virus was transferred to humans via a laboratory in Wuhan.
A fatal error, which China rejects.
Also it talking Shi Zhengli, in the interview, where she says that she actually feared that the coronavirus outbreak started on her homework.
However, according to her, they found afterwards, out of that genetics from the covid-19 not matched any of the viruses that she had worked at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Why is her conclusion that the coronavirus can not been discharged from their facilities by mistake.
Mike Ryan of the WHO: Corona may never away. Video: AP
TIMELINE: From the rumors in Wuhan to 282.000 died in the whole world
Coronaviruses have in just months developed from an unknown virus at a chinese market for a pandemic that has transformed the world as we know it.
the Term pandemic was coronavirus by the world health organisation, WHO, exactly two months ago Monday.
Thus marked, and it was a contagious disease, which was prevalent over a whole continent or several continents.
Here you can get an overview of the characteristics of the virus the way to Denmark:
* The new virus is discovered in december 2019 at a market in the chinese therefore, Wuhan in Hubei province.
* 7. January beats the world health organisation, WHO, real, there is talk about a new coronavirus.
* 11. January confirmed the first deaths as a result of coronavirus in Wuhan.
* 13. January will be the first case of coronavirus outside of China confirmed in Thailand.
* In the following days confirmed the first infected in the UNITED states, Nepal, France, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Taiwan.
* 23. January closes Wuhan, which is the virus's epicentrum. Several countries, including Denmark, then begins to evacuate citizens from the city.
* 30. January declares the WHO outbreak an international health crisis.
* 31. January is more than 5000 confirmed infected in Hubei province, and over 200 have died as a result of the corona virus.
* 5. February will be the cruise ship 'Diamond Princess' quarantined off the coast of Japan. 218 passengers end up being infected on board, which, at that time, the highest number outside of China.
* 7. February door of a chinese doctor, who had tried to beat the alarm about the outbreak of coronavirus in Wuhan, but was met with a reprimand by the police.
* 14. February door of a chinese tourist in France. It is the first death as a result of the corona virus in Europe.
* 27. February will be the first dane tested positive for the coronavirus in Denmark. There is talk about a man who has been on ski holiday in northern Italy.
* the Same day, for the first time several new confirmed smittetilfælde outside of China's borders than within.
* 3. march introduces the Danish authorities require that all danes who have been in high-risk areas, such as northern Italy, Iran and China, to isolate itself in two weeks.
* 6. march prime minister Mette Frederiksen (S) his first press conference about the corona virus. She recommends that all events with more than 1000 persons are cancelled and that all stop to shake hands, kiss and stuff.
* 10. march asks Mette Frederiksen everyone to stay off public transport in peak hours.
* 11. march declares the WHO, to virusudbruddet is a pandemic.
* the Same day announces Mette Frederiksen, to schools and institutions shut down in two weeks. All government employees who do not perform critical functions, be sent home. And assemblies of more than 100 persons shall be prohibited.
* 12. march is at least 100 danes have been infected in denmark. Only the most sick are now being tested for coronaviruses. And a new hastelov be adopted, which gives the government unprecedented powers to curb the spread of infection.
* 13. march against the authorities all non-necessary travel out of the country. At the same time close the Danish borders.
* 14. march dies the first dane, who is infected with the coronavirus.
* 16. march exceed the total number of people infected with coronavirus outside of China the number of persons who have been officially confirmed infected in China. Outside of China has 88.000 now infected to 80,000 in China.
* 17. march prohibits the prime minister assemblies of over ten people and ask a wide range of shops and restaurants to keep closed. The queen keeps the same evening speech to the nation on coronakrisen.
* 30. march heralds Mette Frederiksen, Denmark may be on the way towards a gradual and controlled re-opening after easter, if the population continues to exhibit prudent behavior.
* 31. march adopts the Parliament passed a hastelov, which gives the government the opportunity at a later time to ban gatherings of more than two persons.
* From the 1. april changes the health authorities guidelines in relation to the test, why individuals with too mild symptoms now also can be tested after referral from their own doctor.
* 2. april exceeds the number of people infected worldwide and a million, which figure has doubled in a week. Globally more than 50,000 people lost their lives.
* 6. april notify Mette Frederiksen, to crèches and kindergartens as well as 0. – 5.-class in the country's schools open after easter.
* 10. april rounds the number of deaths related to the coronavirus worldwide, 100.000 according to the Johns Hopkins University.
* 20. april opens a number of professions - including hairdressers - again in Denmark.
* 21. april promises the ministry of Health unveiled what the white tents that have sprouted up over the country, to be used for: Testkapaciteten must be lifted significantly.
* 25. april passes the number of deaths related to coronaviruses worldwide of 200,000 according to the Johns Hopkins University.
* 4. may resume a variety of occupations work in Italy, including factories and construction. Italy was one of the first european countries that were severely affected by the virus, but opens in similarity with several other countries now slowly up.
* 8. may is there a consensus on a genåbningsplan in Denmark on four stages. The plan means, among other things, to folkeskolernes oldest pupils in the 6.-10. class can return of the schools from 18. may.
* 10. may indicate the latest figures from the Statens Serum Institut, to a total of 529 coronasmittede is dead in Denmark.
* 11. may get shopping malls, department stores, arcades and bazaars opportunity to re-open.
Sources: Ritzau, The New York Times, Science.dk, Politiken, Reuters, AFP.Show more Close