Three british tourists lost on Thursday morning of life, when a jeep with seven people drove over a high bridge in the Island.
New information shows that one of those killed was an infant. In addition to the three killed, a further four people injured in the accident. Two of them are also children, who are aged seven to nine years.
It writes multiple media, among other things, the icelandic newspaper Morgunbladid and the british media the Daily Mail.
According to the british media, were victims of asian origin, but british citizens. The media learns that the victims consisted of two families: Four adults, one eight year old boy, a nine-year-old girl and an infant.
It has according to the media, it was not possible to obtain confirmation from the public authority, which of the people who have died and who are injured.
However, the indian ambassador in Iceland, Armstrong Changsan, according to the media visited the surviving victims at the hospital and commented on their condition to the media.
- the Situation is very serious. Three people are dead, and one of them is an infant.
- There were seven persons. Two couples in their thirties and three children. In addition to the infant, the other two children a girl and a boy, at eight and nine years. The girl gets the surgery, he explained opposite to the Daily Mail.
Moreover, he added:
- I think, the family visited the Island to see the glaciers. It is a popular tourist destination here.
the Accident happened in Skeidararsandur, southern Iceland.
the Jeep drove out over the bridge, where it landed on a rocky riverbank below.
your link Adolf Erlingsson was one of the first who came to the scene of the accident.
- It was terrible. The car looked to have hit the ground many yards from where it was stopped. We struggled to get all out, he said to news agency AP.
To Morgunbladid elaborates the wizard is his comment:
- of Course it was terrible. The car was in very poor condition after being run over by the bridge and fallen down, he says to Morgunbladid.
Adolf Erlingsson was in the area when the accident happened, because he had 19 tourists on a tredagestur.
- Fortunately there were not any of the ones who saw it. You could not see much of the bridge, and I stopped the car as soon as I came over to see if I could help. They (the tourists, red) was in the car, but they know what happened, and some of them are afraid, he says to the icelandic media.
Police have not yet determined why the driver of the car lost control of the vehicle.