Dressed in nisselue and with a large gavesekk over the back, surprised former president Barack Obama the children and staff at the barnesykehuset in Washington DC on Wednesday.
First, he visited the four children who made the decorations in one of the hospital's playroom, before he handed out the puzzles, toy cars, glittering nail Polish and the rest of the gifts he had with him, writes The Washington Post.
After that he went back and visited patients rooms to rooms. He was not just generous with gifts, a twelve-year-old patient who was nervous to start high school next year, got a good words of wisdom on the way:
- Even the cool kids have not found out yet.SHARED OUT the GIFTS: the Children were very excited when the former president appeared at the hospital. Photo: AFP / NTB Scanpix. Show more
Before he left, he said the employees that they work in the holidays, and took up a video message that would be played on the TV screens in the hospital for the he did not come back.
- As the father of two girls I can only imagine the situation the families are in. To have nurses, doctors and other staff that cares for them, fits them, listen to them and hold their hand - it is the most important of which are, he said to the staff at the hospital.
- For a great reminder about what christmas should be about.Now you can rent "obama's vacation home" on Hawaii - 50 000 night, Very grateful
- They are going to talk about this for many years, said managing director for Children's National Health System, Kurt Newman.
- No one wants to be in the hospital at this time of the year. His warmth lifted the mood of the children, parents and staff - all whom he met when he was back.
After the visit because the hospital Obama with a video from the visit from his Twitter account:
Thank you Barack Obama you did the day to the patients our so much better. Surprise warmed the hallways and got everyone to smile. The patients loved the company and the gifts!
Thank you @BarackObama for making our patients’ day so much brighter. Your surprise warmed our hallways and put smiles on everyone's faces! Our patients loved your company...and your gifts! https://t.co/bswxSrA4sQ ❤️ #HolidaysAtChildrens #ObamaAndKids pic.twitter.com/qii53UbSRS— Children's National