I have never called the emergency services before, so I was completely panic-stricken. I actually can't even remember what I said.
Niels Vogel and his wife Fie lived through, Wednesday 13. march every parent's nightmare. Their 13-month-old daughter, Merle, was suddenly hit by severe feberkramper the middle of the night.
the Evening before had the little girl been a little småsløj, and she was therefore put to bed early.
- After we had laid us in bed, we could suddenly hear her, and it sounded as if she was about to throw up. So I hurried over to hold her head so she could get it out, and I could feel that she was excited all the way up, was boiling hot and went in the cramp, says Niels Vogel.
His wife, who is a nurse, was quick to think that there was talk about feberkrampe, why she took care of her daughter, while Niels went out to call 112.
- He asks me at one time, clearly and clearly, if she is breathing, and who says my wife, 'no, she does not', he says.
There were, therefore, immediately sent an ambulance, while they are tremendously worried about the parents was asked to the rescuers in the ambulance, so they could talk with them while they were on the way to the family.
- My wife went over and talked with them, and I can remember that I when to hear her say 'I think she dies', because there was no contact with her, and she turned the white out of the eyes, and which run froth out of the mouth, says Niels Vogel.
He says that the ambulance came very quickly, and shortly before they arrived, pulled his daughter the weather again, she afterwards stuck in a loud howl. There was, therefore, a little more calm, when the rescuers arrived, because the daughter was now contactable and breathing.
Yet she was admitted to the hospital for checks, but she was discharged the day after.
It was, however, far from a daughter, who was at his normal I, as the parents got home, and she was very pylret and appeared to have hurt very much.
Merle along with his mother, Fie. PRIVATE
On Friday began Merle, among others, to get the rash, and the parents were therefore suspected that it could be measles, why do they call the doctor in attendance.
the doctor in attendance ended up giving them the message that the drive to Roskilde Hospital, but because of the smittefaren had Niels and Merle stay in the car while the two people in coveralls came out to examine her in the car.
even Though the doctors immediately thought that there was talk about the measles, got the family on Wednesday, nevertheless the answer: Your daughter has measles.
Health - 22. mar. 2019 - at. 12:59 Baby infected with measles.
- So it was quite big machinery set in motion, because you had to find out where she has been and so on. And now we have it's just really bad that we didn't know how she has had it, and she has had measles, says Niels Vogel, which tells, that it has seemed as if Merle has been very bothered by pain as a result of the disease.
and with that Merle was admitted to the hospital the first night, she was sick, there is a risk that the other may have been infected and the hospital has therefore contacted all who may have been exposed to mæslingesmitte and informed them of how they should behave.
Science & technology - 5. mar. 2019 - at. 10:46 Big Danish study debunk the vaccine myth
Merle, together with his parents and older sister Matilde in connection with the Merles a birthday. PRIVATE
Merles parents are now frustrated back over, that their little daughter has been infected with a disease that could have been eradicated.
- You are furious that there is someone who is so selfish, that they are not vaccinating their children. And it is a big problem, for there were many who received injuries of measles for years back, says Niels Vogel.
He and his wife are so completely baffled by the movement, who are opposed to vaccines, and which, according to the world health organization and Statens Serum Institut may have contributed to the outbreak of measles, which right now is in Denmark and Europe.
Follow the vaccination programme, you will receive the first vaccine, when one is 15 months old. Merle was therefore one month from receiving the first vaccine when she was infected.
- Whether it should be a legal requirement that you have to let her child be vaccinated before must start in the institution, I do not know. But there should at least be done, says Niels Vogel.
He tells that little Merle is on the mend, and that the parents feel lucky and are release cheap, but they are also worried about the complications that can come of having measles.
therefore, They have also got the message from the hospital to say, if there are any symptoms that flare up again, and until then, Merle just receive general care as with other viral diseases.
Niels Vogel, along with Merle and Matilde. PRIVATE
After Merle was diagnosed with measles, shared Fie Vogel, a search on Facebook, where she called on other parents to get their children vaccinated.
Although there are many who share the call and showing sympathy with the affected girl, meetings forældreparret also a lot of resistance.
- Fortunately, we are still the most who are vaccinated, but it does incredibly much damage with those running the campaign against the vaccine. And there are also many who have found out by now, says Niels Vogel.
Tips and guides 100,000 is not mæslinge-vaccinated: How do you check yourself