There have been hardly any local opposition to the company Bestseller's plans for a new town and an apartment building at 320 metres in the Fires.
It notes the mayor Ib Lauritsen (V), Ikast-Brande Municipality, after he and the other 22 members of the city council in the central jutland municipality on Monday evening approved the district plan for the area.
- There has been very little opposition to the project. And the little resistance that has been, has not been local, but out-of-town from it, says the mayor.
the Municipality received 22 responses to the consultation after the local plan had been in consultation.
But it was not something that gave rise to major adjustments of the plan.
the Case slid too smooth through the first technique - and the environment committee, so the finance committee and now the city council.
- There is a recognition here is that it is good for the area. People see that it is something that give the whole area some new opportunities, says Ib Lauritsen.
It was in 2017 that Bestseller lifted the veil of how their new headquarters would look like.
17 months have passed, from the municipality started the work with a local plan of a public hearing for final adoption on Monday evening.
is there a reason to be happy with and proud, saith the lord mayor.
this Bestseller has not been given special treatment, emphasizing the Ib Lauritsen.
- No, it has not. They've got a quite a common procedure.
- But when someone, like Bestseller has done here, even helps and comes with the material, and even hires people to advise, yes there are not so many problems to solve, he says.
Bestseller following the adoption of the local plan stated that they do not yet have a date for when the spade goes in the ground.
the Mayor doubts that it will be in 2019.
- It would surprise me if you actually can get started here in 2019. There is a building permit also must be obtained.
- But now I can with peace in his voice to say that we have delivered the regional plan. Now it is up to them, when they can, and will, in time, says Ib Lauritsen.
He looks højhusbyggeriet as an asset for the whole of Nsw.
for Example, according to the mayor become a target for tourists.
- When young people are flying to Berlin to shop, I think well, it could happen that some will take the plane the other way and fly to London.
- So they can go ride in the Legoland theme park and go to the Fires, get up in the tower, see the views from there and experience a little special trading center, says Ib Lauritsen.