Win tickets to the concert here!
Now, it should be. Summer. The summer that Alphabeat had looked forward to and worked towards for two years. About 25 festivalkoncerter, which was expected of them, but which were all cancelled due to the coronavirussen.
- It is a big disappointment. This is the summer, we looked forward to, when we assembled the band after a five-year break from each other, tells popgruppens female lead singer Stine Team, en Ekstra Bladet meetings Alphabeat.
- We could see the whole thing for us, as the song 'Shadows' started to be a hit last year, and it was just to højrebenet, it had to be the wildest summer, follows the male lead singer Anders SG up.
See also: Stine and the boys in the interrupted sexual intercourse
On behalf of the whole band tells the Stine Team, how coronavirussen - like many others - have taken something very special from them.
- It has been a sorrow. I have really been burdened by it. I begin only now to be able to smile again now. Also because we need to play. I am me!
The six-people big band has not played a single concert since February. That is why the joy to brand - for Friday night they finally play together again as a reunited band, the here.
the Summer Live on her.dk, where the concert is being streamed live from the top floor of the hotel Radission Blu in Copenhagen.
See also: Awards: Danish album of the Year
- It is so unique and crazy that one gets to stand there and play a concert at a time in the world, which will be described in the history books.
- You have in a way been a part of it. So we need to look at what we actually get - for we are never going to be able to do something like that again, " says Anders SG, whose civil name is Anders Stig Gehrt-Bendixen.
The new single 'Sometimes' is in its original form from the Alphabeats comeback album 'Don't Know What's Cool Anymore', which appeared in november last year. Photo: Warner
Friday is also the day where they release the single 'Sometimes', which is the first number, the band gathered together after a six year hiatus.
'Sometimes' means therefore something very special for them as it was exactly the piece of music that gave them the feeling that they had found each other again. Number already exists on their latest album 'Don't Know What's Cool Anymore', but the single is a new version, where a solo sing. Therefore, the hiver they also have a solo, when they give a concert at dawn.dk.
Conflicts fractured the successful group from each other, and they took a break from Alphabeat in 2013.
Some members of the band have got permanent jobs, and Stine Team has, for example, had started a solo project, and currently she is working on jubilæumsæsonen of the 'Top of the Pops'.
What the future brings for the band is not to make predictions about. They have not seen each other in the eyes and promised that they will be Alphabeat forever.
- It is why we had delighted us so much this summer. We knew it was now or never, " says Anders SG.
See also: Wild blunder for jysk band
- So it is confusing. For what is our time frame now?, it sounds from the Stine Team, which adds:
- the Horizon being in each case lengthened. We do not play this summer, and we should, hopefully, next summer, says the 33-year-old female lead singer.
- the Ball to the goal. It is not good enough for us to stop here, says the extension of Anders SG.