Alexus Sheppard is one of the few passengers on board the Viking Sky, which has ensured that the public has had the opportunity to follow what is happening.
Through social media, she has continuously put videos up, where furniture and people sliding around, while the ship swings off.
Alexus Sheppard is still on board Viking Sky, which is now on its way towards the shore. Private
the 112 - 23. mar. 2019 - at. 15:29 cruise ship emits mayday: Passengers evacuated
Extra Blade caught the american, who is still on board the ship.
- We are close to being in port. We are on the way in with its own engine power, it sounds.
Alexus Sheppard tells how, in the course of Saturday, went up for the passengers that the ship was in distress.
- It is scary when you can see that people begin to be evacuated by helicopter, while the waves continue. But people managed actually to remain calm.
the American tells how the weather changed on Saturday, while people ate.
the Article continues below the video, as Alexus Sheppard have recorded on the ship ...
- While we ate lunch, rocked the ship a bit, and we noticed that the lake begin to rise. We went to the lounge to watch the waves and see what happened. And so begin the furniture to slide forward and back. It was extremely dramatic. It was very scary, " says Alex Sheppard.
- When the alarm went, came the captain and said: 'This is not an exercise'. And then we got to know that there was issued the mayday. So it was real, and some minutes later we could see how the water came in on the ship.
the Experience, however, has not been more scary, than to the american remain aboard the ship when it comes to port:
- We will be here in the night. The crew has done a fantastic job to clean the ship up. However, there are a few places where we are not allowed to go. We don't go in the lounge and the bar, because they are in bad condition after the storm.
- It fits me well. We're exhausted. We need to take a bath and relax, because we have not slept.
When Alexus Sheppard wakes up on Monday, the baggage is handed out, and so the tour goes on to London and Paris, before the journey goes back to the UNITED states.
People are SO bored they're re-packing the life jackets pic.twitter.com/3WBqEoWX5t— Alexus Sheppard (@alexus309) March 24, 2019