New figures show that the 2019 ended up with the highest number of killed motorcyclists in 10 years. It is particularly soloulykker and accidents with cars, which kill and kvæster many motorcyclists.
In 2019, 27 motorcyclists were killed in Denmark, and it is the highest number in 10 years.
In the more than 9 out of 10 fatal accidents on the motorcycle, it is a man who gets killed.
And in more than 8 out of 10 of the fatalities drove the motorcycle for the strong
Accident with a passenger car are involved represents half of the motorcykelulykker, where a motorcyclist was killed or injured.
'I have, unfortunately, experienced the loss of a good biker-friends in tragic accidents, and regardless of who is at fault in the accident, it is completely meaningless, when it happens,' says Lene Michelsen, president of MCTC-the national Association for Motorcyclists in a press release.
'As a motorcyclist, you need to take responsibility for its own security in the traffic, and it is, among other things, to be careful on the road and ensure that other road users have seen a. We hope that 2020 will be the year where the curve of the killed and injured motorcyclists break, she continues.
'It is all too often human error or incorrect behavior, which is the reason why accidents happen,' says Robert Gudmandsen, pressekonsulent in the Council for Safe Traffic.
In the drivers ' organisation FDM, sigerchefkonsulent Dennis Long:
- We look with concern at the high number of killed motorcyclists. The cars are constantly more secure, and it will eventually without doubt, also have a knock on positive effect for bikers safety, but we can not wait for the systems to crack ulykkesstatistikken.
- this is Why we urge motorists to be extra vigilant, inform themselves and wait for the instance to run out from a side road or fluctuate, if you have the slightest doubt about the motorcycle speed. Overlook a motorcyclist, it can end fatal, says Long.
Number of killed motorcyclists 2010 to 2019:
2010: 22 killed motorcyclists
2011: 23 killed motorcyclists
2012: 10 killed motorcyclists
2013: 15 killed motorcyclists
2014: 18 killed motorcyclists
2015: 19 killed motorcyclists
2016: 26 killed motorcyclists
2017: 11 killed motorcyclists
2018: 21 killed motorcyclists
2019: 27 killed motorcyclists
- Motorcyclist runs into a corner at too high a speed and lose control.
- Driver who must swing to the left, overlook an oncoming motorcyclist. Often the running of the motorcyclist with too high speed.
- car Driver, running out from the side road, fejlvurderer speed and distance - or completely overlooks the motorcyclist.
- Motorcyclist during overtaking discovers too late that the car in front is about to swing to the left. Often the running of the motorcyclist with too high speed.
- Motorcyclist runs up behind in the parked car.
- Observe the speed limits. Fatal accidents with motorcycles is often due to excessive speed, and other fejlvurderer, how fast you are running.
- safety equipment: always carry the correct safety equipment on, when you run the motorcycle. Consider possibly a airbagvest.
- Visible to motorists: Make yourself visible with motorcycle gear or helmet in the pangfarver.
- make Sure that your driving technique is in order. If your routine is rusty, then take a driving course.
- Be prepared to motorcykelsæsonen is in the time and keep extra eye. You can easily overlook a motorcyclist in traffic.
- Use good time to inform you. Use side and rear view mirror. Motorcycles can go much faster than you think.
- Use good time to orient you when you cross or swing onto a path.
Source: the Council for Safe Traffic / national Association for Bikers / FDM