Not a single player got debut on Åge Hareides national team in 2018. But this may change in the first matches in 2019.
the national coach has the opportunity to give debut to U21-players Robert Woods, Joachim Andersen and Philip Billing, who has been promoted to the A-national team matches against Kosovo and Switzerland in the end of march.
However, Pione Sisto and Jannik Vestergaard sorted, and it is a different approach from Hareide compared to last year.
- It is a natural change, compared to what we had last year. It is also to increase the width in the squad.
- Now is Jannik and Sisto out, but they know the system, so they can quickly come back, said Hareide.
the Norwegian have been looking forward to see the FC Copenhagen superligatopscorer, Robert Forest, who has waited patiently for an excision.
- If people make goals, so it is always interesting for us. It is interesting for all. The expertise he has shown all the way.
- Robert has been excellent in the premier League, but maybe not so much in the international matches for FCK. And that is what we will see now, along with the other players on the national team.
Philip Billing celebrates his goal to 1-0 against Poland for the Danish u/21 national team. Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Hareide will see how the Forest fits into the A-national team.
- It is in many ways a training, because it then is easier the next time, they are with us. There is a big difference between U21 and A national team, because there are even greater requirements with us.
- With us, we meet the very best in all countries. In the U21, you will encounter those who are young enough to play there, so there is a big difference, points out Hareide.
Sampdoria-stopper Joachim Andersen and Huddersfield-midfielder Philip Billing has also joined the squad, and it is simple reasons for.
Joachim has played very stable in Italy, and I am glad that it is in Italy, because it is the country where you really need to learn forsvarsspillet to succeed in the league. And Joachim has been accomplished, says Hareide.
- Philip is a bit of a different type than the one we already have. We do not have so much height and as many duelspillere, but we have other qualities, says Hareide, with reference to, among other things, Lasse Schøne and Christian Eriksen.
Denmark meetings 21. march Kosovo in an alternate, while it is 26. march applies to the away game against Switzerland in qualifying for next year's european championship finals, where some of the matches to be played in Parken in Copenhagen.
- the Objective is to be able to play EM battles in the Park in 2020. It is no doubt about that. It will be an insane debacle, if we do not do it, says Hareide.See also: Newspaper: Zidane will have Eriksen
See also: Mad or brilliant? FIFA would push Qatar to an expanded WORLD cup