the Rector Jonas Lindelof apologize now, after the minister of education Merete Riisager Thursday had to abort a visit to Ørestad Gymnasium on the grounds of the left and violent behavior from the students.
- We have written to the minister and apologized on the school's behalf, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- We are very sorry that the minister chose to go, and we hope that we will have the chance to see her again out here.
Ekstra Bladet has spoken with Merete riisager's special advisor, Søren Poul Nielsen. He tells that, at the end of the visit among other things was called 'hooker' by the minister for education and the thrown coins.
- If it is correct, it is of course completely wrong, embarrassing, and obscene. We take this very distance from it, says Jonas Lindelof.
- the Minister's adviser tells us that there is someone from school, who takes action against the students. How can it be?
- It is not correct. Of course we will act, but we could not recognize our students in this situation. We had not in our wildest dreams imagined that this was something the students could find to do, tells Jonas Lindelof.
- We tried to get them to go back to teaching, but it had no effect.
- What do you do to ensure that a minister can come visit with you in the future?
- I have been around all morning and talk with students and classes on how to talk together in a democracy. The tragicomic is that it just exactly it was that we should have talked with the minister about.