Residents in areas threatened by floods, can breathe a bit up.
on Monday evening there was announced 'dangerous weather' due to increased water levels in Roskilde Fjord and the Isefjord, but the warning is now downgraded to 'severe weather'.
It means that the water is not going to be as high, as you feared in the first place, which announced an increased water level of up to 145 centimeters. It is now revised down to a maximum of 130 centimeters, while the vast majority of places will reach up to 120 centimeters.
- we have been doing, because it doesn't look so bad. It blows not quite as much as we had expected, says vagtchef at DMI Frank Nielsen.
the Weather has not behaved quite as DMI predicted, and therefore, they have now revised down the maximum increase of the water level.
- We had expected a bit more wind, and therefore we have downgraded it to between 110 and 130 centimeters.
- We will probably not more than 120 centimeters in most places, says Frank Nielsen.
in Several places, the water is already well on track to reach its highest point, after which it will begin to slow again.
- We are about to reach the maximum within the next three hours of time, and then it will start to go the other way.
- In Roskilde, it is a bit delayed, because the water is difficult to get into the fjord, so that it can rise up to the bell 21. But I also do not expect that we will be over 120 centimeters in Roskilde, says vagtchefen.
Emergency management has been working hard both on Sunday evening and Monday morning to ensure areas of the coast, where among other things, they have put the watertubes out, which should slow down the floodwaters.
These watertubes may now be unnecessary in some places, but beredskabets work is, according to Frank Nielsen was not entirely wasted.
- It depends on the circumstances. There may be places where it still is needed.
- The premises, the emergency response at all about what to do, he says.
By the nordfynske coast and in the Odense Fjord there is also the increased water level, and here are the tops already. There is not sent any notice out of these coasts, because the water level does not reach over the limit of 125 centimeters.
In the Odense Fjord when the water level up to about 110 centimeters, while the nordfynske coast gets about 100 inches.
Community - 14. jan. 2019 - at. 16:34 More snow on the way: Here there is the most