Extra kilos on the body can cost dearly.
It is something the pair of Rikke and Michael from the DR programme 'Cool facts' knows all about.
the Pair have for several years linked enjoy to eat, and it can be seen on the weight.
Rikke and Michael have been dating for seven years, and in the time they have together taken 70 pounds in weight. Which covers Rikke weight gain over 30 pounds, where Michaels covers the remaining 40 pounds.
The 38-year-old Michael very much fear that the unhealthy lifestyle will result in that he did not get 50 years, and it began in the the degree to go beyond their relationships.
Therefore selected the pair to sign up for the program, which on Monday is set to premiere on DR1 with season two, in the hope to lose weight.
- I think, that our life was like many others with young children. We chose all the easy solutions, and we were good to enjoy with sweets and food. So on the way it had become an easy everyday life, which was easy to be in, but that was not healthy, says Rikke to Ekstra Bladet.
At a time and the couple were, however, enough and agreed to do something about the problem, which just got worse and worse.
- It just took the upper hand, and finally we could not manage it. We have talked about it many times, and it dawned on us that we needed professional help. I'm overweight, and Michael is also overweight, and compared to Michael, he began to be afraid, that there was only one way, and it was down in the grave. He was really afraid to die, and I was afraid to lose him, " she says, and continues:
- We have talked a lot about it, and we both came with a fear that he would die of it. I think that the programme has helped us to talk about it and get italesat problems. The fear has been there all along, but it is a sensitive topic.
See also: - I break myself over you
Before filming for the programme, the weighted Michael 164 pounds, and it has set itself as pain in the knees and back. Also Rikke have been able to notice the predominance physical.
- For Michael, it has been bad, for he has really been able to feel it physically. He has, for example, had much pain in her knees. And so we've both been struggling with not having any energy. You are tired, and you have a short fuse. We also began to slip more and more from each other, even though we might not be aware of it.
But it is not only pain, Michael is struggling with in the context of its predominance. With obesity also comes the risk of serious diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and in the worst trap, that he does not become old with Rikke and daughter Liva.
- It has given us the courage to fight, says Rikke.
See also: Mangemillionær on the comedy: So rich is Mick Election
Rikke and Michael have decided to do something about the redundant pounds in the programme 'Cool Fact'. Here try three couples in a course of seven months to lose weight and get help from an expert in health, Michelle Kristensen. Photo: Morten Sønniksen/DR
- Why did you choose that it just was in a program such as 'Cool facts' to try to lose you?
- We needed really, there had to happen something. We fall always back in the same old habits. We wanted to try something different and something that lasted longer, and in here, you will be kept up on it, because you show it for the whole of Denmark, and it has been good for us, says Rikke.
She and Michael have got many reactions on the social media, after the first section of the program has been available in the modern art since Sunday.
- It is cross-border to show off for the whole of Denmark, but all are super sweet, and it has not been so bad. The cat is out of the bag now, and it's nice. We've got really a lot of positive reactions already, and we are very happy with the result, though it has sometimes been hard to film the entire time, she says.
In the program 'Cool Facts', has three pairs of said yes to throw those redundant pounds and rediscover the spark in the couple's relationship, with the help of sundhedseksperten Michelle Kristensen, who follows them for a period of seven months.
How it goes with Rikke and Michael and all the other couples, you can see in the 'Cool facts' every Monday at 20.30 on DR1.