the Football club AaB promotes Jacob Friis to permanent head coach, with an extension of the contract, which now, as a minimum, runs the rest of the season.
the AaB's agreement with Jacob Friis runs thus provisional forward to next summer, informs AaB late Monday evening.
- I am honoured, proud and humbled, to AaB now pointing at me as the permanent head coach, and I will do everything to live up to the club's confidence, says Jacob Friis to the club's website.
26. november took over the Jacob Friis temporary role as head coach of AaB, as people in north jutland fired Morten the previous winter after a series of disappointing results.
Jacob Friis, who has the highest possible træneruddannelse in Denmark, looking forward to the next six years of challenges.
- I have a belief that the most important thing for me is to maintain myself as a person, and in any case it is out from the prescription that I have always worked as a trainer.
- of course, It is crucial that we win some football matches and, thus, fulfil our ambitions and objectives, he says.
Kontraktlængden in just half a year, he hopes to extend with time, if it goes well.
- I have no doubt, if I can perform the task, but it is important for me to feel whether or not this should be my future role, and I now have some months to be finally settled with.
- Optimal set is the coming months just the beginning of a long period of time as the head coach at AaB, he says.
AaB sports director Allan Farms call Jacob Friis, one of the country's largest trænertalenter
- the Time has come to give Jacob the chance with the full responsibility for our superligatrup, and we agree, that a half years as the starting point is a reasonable perspective to evaluate on the basis of.
- Jacob has worked his way up from ungdomsrækkerne and know our club and our culture incoming, says Allan Farms.
the Next task for Jacob Friis and AaB are league game Friday night against OB.