Until 10 years ago when Dorothy Birck Andersen was 42 years - had the now middle-aged mother of two always been in time with an education or a job, where she, like all the other years paid his taxes.
But debilitating and chronic osteoarthritis of the back, legs, and fingers turned up and down on the lives of the office-educated woman, who at the time worked as sosu-helper. A few years later made a gruelling divorce from the father of the children, Emil of 10 and the Line of eight years, not life easier.
- I do not think it is looking pretty good. The legislative politicians should even try to stand in my situation, the equivalent of Dorothy Birck Andersen on the question of how she thinks society is taking out from the bottom, she has had a vision from the in gradually a small half-dozen years.
the Bottom was, if possible, even thinner under Dorothy and her two children for a year or so ago, when kontanthjælpsloftet made a dramatic toll on 2800 dollars per month in a budget that now eat 1500 and in the best case, 2000 dollars per month for food, clothes and other unforeseen expenses.
the Ceiling gave the Danish people's aid even greater stardom of Dorothy Birck Andersen, who without hesitation says, that this humanitarian organisation's julehjælpspakke to a value of 1500 dollars makes the difference between whether she can afford to have christmas or not.
Dorothy Birck Andersen, who in his younger days was just a half a year from making the training as a midwife are finished, have a certain ballast, when she calls it an indictment, that a rich society such as the Danish must have private organisations such as Danish people's aid to gather thousands of financially strapped single mothers and fathers up each year for christmas.
- Without the Danish people's aid, I had been sitting with her hair in the mailbox, and I am eternally grateful for their existence, " she says, and adds that the Danish people's aid for the second time in the summer, we funded a week's holiday in the cottage and the water park for her and her children.
- If I even had to pay, had not more than been able to afford to beat up a tent in the garden.
the Children Emil at 10 and the Line of eight years, welcomes the extra much for christmas in years, because their mother for the first time afford to buy a christmas tree. It has otherwise been cancelled the previous year. Dorthe Birck Andersen wanted her children to be photographed with her back to in order to avoid any negative reactions from them after this article. Photo Anita Graversen
In the extension of the divorce eight years ago with the children's father moved Dorthe Birck Andersen from Skælskør on Sealand and back to his home in Viby, Aarhus. While she on the one hand is glad that she returned to her family and friends in a difficult situation, she is on the other side well and truly tired of living in his apartment in Rosenhøj, which have repeatedly been the victims of burglary.
Rosenhøj has in recent years been ravaged by the relatively much crime - and in Dorothy Birck Andersen's everyday lens reverse racism.
- My children mobbes, because they are Danish, and they are not allowed to go on the playground without me. I think in general, that the politicians turn on the weak like me, but I agree with you, however, that it makes sense to make the so-called ghetto-plan, among other things, to get more people to move to places like here.
- too many people with foreign background, who live here, raise not up their children properly, and it is to make Rosenhøj to a utrygt place.
Dorothy Birck Andersen believe in the principle of providing to enjoy, although she is good at, she can never handle a full-time job again. Less also have the right, and the 52-year-old julehjælps-applying for the third year in a row was even out with raslebøssen for Danish people's aid on the shopping street in Aarhus recently.
- The previous two years have julehjælpen made a huge difference for us, and now we've just got to know that we also get the in the year, so there will for the first time afford a christmas tree, says Dorthe Birck Andersen.
Extra Magazine brings together again this year to the poor Danish children's christmas together with the Danish people's aid. It is 11. year in a row, and the fundraiser ends today, Sunday. 16.12. the
Last year got 9540 single-parent families on public service a julehjælpspakke, which has a value of 1500 kr: A gift card for Rema, a gift card to BR and a gift certificate to the Sportmaster. More than 15,000 single parent families have sought, and which is in the year collected money so 11.332 families can get help. the
You can support the collection by sending sms, mobilepaye or through the bank.
and steady with 150 kr.
51 81 11 12Bank
feel the CHRISTMAS
Account no.: 0 333 666