- It is complete nonsense. Yes, it is complete crazy.
80-year-old Hans-Jørgen Kruse from Esbjerg is a hard-beset man for the moment. The pensioner has been given a fine of 3000 dollars to buy a so-called halskniv - known from Counter-Strike-game - to his grandson at 11 years old.
And not enough of it. Now I have also gotten involved my hunting license and my firearms licence because of the matter. So I have had to sell all my weapons on the auction. All in all this issue has cost me over 15,000 dollars, sounds from a hovedrystende Hans-Jørgen Kruse.
the Pensioner feels that the police have treated him as a regular member of one of the gangs that ravage the north.
- The only band of which I am a member of, Rotary, notes Kruse dry.
the Case took beginning in the spring, when Kruse's grandson, 11-year burning wanted the curved knife, as stakeholders in Counter-Strike wears on the neck or over the shoulder.
Grandfather searched on the internet for the knife with his grandson.
- the Knife normally costs 300-400 dollars. But on a chinese website, we found halskniven to $ 45. So I pressed on 'buy'.
Picture: Jens Panduro/Ritzau Scanpix
the Knife appeared, however, never up. For it was upon arrival to Denmark confiscated by Danish customs officials. Well half a year later, received the Hans-Jørgen Kruse a fine of 3000 dollars from the police.
- There was in the letter that the matter would be completed, if I paid the fine. So I did it. Then it took another a couple of months.
So I got a new letter. It was from Jagttegnskontoret in Holstebro. They informed me that they intended to include my firearms licence. I got my lawyer to write to them. For I do not think that the two cases have nothing to do with each other. But it didn't help anything. I got involved my license and my hunting license. I have otherwise been on the hunt since I was 22 years old. I have always been extremely careful with my weapons, explains Hans-Jørgen Kruse.
Hans-Jørgen Kruse also says that he was convinced that halskniven was a dekorationskniv, which was not covered by the våbenloven.
My attorney and I agree that this case is completely ludicrous. You can't give me a fine and designate the case as closed, if I pay for afterwards to punish me further. Now we go in the court with the case, which I certainly expect to win, says Hans-Jørgen Kruse.
police commissioner Torben Kloster says to TV SOUTH, which has brought the matter forward, that the police have many cases with confiscated weapons.
Even if the knives are purchased as souvenirs, sees the police are still cases with the seriousness of the situation.
- the Knives are still dangerous and can be used as a weapon. They are not less dangerous or legal to be purchased abroad as souvenirs, says Torben Monastery.
in many cases, therefore, the police to warn everyone:
- Let now be the to buy them. It costs a fine and a nasty stain on the straffeattesten.
Only the first four months of the year was the number of confiscated knives up of 96 cases. Of them turned 52 on just halsknive, informs Torben Monastery to the TV the South.