It can be hard to fit the job as landspolitiker and kommunalpolitiker at the same time. It is apparent from Ekstra inventory of dobbeltmandaternes absence from the city - and kommunalbestyrelsesmøder in the period from 1. January 2018 to 1. march 2019.
the DF's Mikkel Dencker tops the list with 25 percent absence from the city council in Hvidovre, where he was given the post of deputy mayor after the recent municipal elections. In everything he has been absent from 4 out of 16 meetings. And it is far from good enough, recognize viceborgmesteren.
- No. I think not. As I said, I usually usually do not to be at that level. My folketingsarbejde have only triggered one of the absence, if one takes the raw presence in Folketingssalen. So there are two times the Nordic Council, but it usually never give anything a coincidence, he says, and explains that the last day of absence is due to he and his son had traveled to Moscow to watch Denmark play against France at the WORLD cup finals in football.
The conservative politician Orla Østerby follows right on the heels of second place with 21,4 percent absence. He defends his high absenteeism with that measured in the distance is far from Copenhagen to Lemvig, where he sits in the city council. According to Orla Østerby gives his dual mandate as both the ’full value’ for Denmark and Lemvig Municipality.
- It should certainly not be excused. On the contrary, it is well for Lemvig Municipality and for Denmark, that there are some politicians who know what is going on out in the municipalities at the same time that they go to the Palace. For the Palace is missing namely the contacts out in the municipalities. It has through me.
the third is Pernille Bendixen (DF) with a absenteeism of 19,1 percent. Besides working as folketingspolitiker sitting, she is also in the city council in Odense. She explains that half of her absence because she has been on two trips abroad with the Parliamentary committee on social affairs and Integrationsudvalg. A single day has the politician been sick, while the striking train crew was the cause of the last absence.
- It is a bourgeois ombud to be in the Parliament. When I have to fit my ordførerskab, I must also, of course, on field trips, as related to my work. I neither can or will take responsibility for that crew to lay down their work, " says Pernille Bendixen.
Then comes the Danish people's party Pia Adelsteen from Frederikssund by 17.7 percent absence. She has not a complete overview over the reasons for her absence from the byrådsmøderne, but she insists that she has been affected by the disease in the period.
- I don't want to sit and to go to all my meetings, because I have had 3 days of absence out of the 17 meetings. I know that I have been sick. It has been a cause. I will not be able to say whether there have been other, says Pia Adelsteen.
According to DF’eren, there is nothing unusual about that dobbeltmandater gets a wage at two jobs at the same time. Pia Adelsteen indicate that the vast majority of all kommunalpolitikere have a job on the side.
- My job is so happened to be in the Parliament. But we should like to have some city councils and some kommunalpolitikere, where it is the case that no matter what job one has, then one can also well handle it, she says.
On the fifth you will find the Danish people's party Jan Rytkjær Over with 16.7 percent absence. He is selected in Sønderborg, where he has missed 2 out of 12 byrådsmøder ago 1. January 2018. He is happy with his absenteeism, because it is lower than in previous inventories. DF’s do not mean that in general there is an increasing workload in local politics, which makes it harder to solve the task, as the dual mandate.
- It is also a question of what one has of rapporteurships. Now I am it and teleordfører. Now there is a bit with Huawei and 5G, but how often is there some promotion about it here? How often are you on?, he asks rhetorically and adds:
- you have to think on. If you take my colleague, Peter Kofod, who is the spokesman, he is, of course, much more than we others. So you can't just say that it is general for all mps.
According to Jan Rytkjær Callesen play the number of rapporteurships and udvalgsposter a crucial role for dobbeltmandaternes total workloads. It is the reason that he only chose to sit in a single committee, although it is the norm among most kommunalpolitikere to sit in at least two committees.