the Police called it a breakthrough, when, in august last year arrested a 34-year-old man and charged him for the unsolved murder of 16-year-old Servet Abdija 16. October 2017.
Skoledrengen was shot in front of his own home in the Raghildgade in Copenhagen, when he came home from the football.
But now it seems that the elucidation of the drabssagen hanging by a thin thread.
the Prosecution requires the drabssigtede convicted only for illegal possession of firearms under particularly aggravating circumstances, a tilståelsessag, running in Copenhagen city Court 17. april.
Here he is charged to have been in possession of a skarpladt 9 mm pistol of the brand Zavodi Crvena Zastava in a publicly accessible place in the Helsingborg area of Sweden, as he 'at a time, up to the 16. October 2017 sold to an unidentified person, which he received 20.000 Swedish crowns for', it is evident from the retsmødebegæringen, which Ekstra Bladet has had access to.
the Police have previously published pictures of the gun and a revolver, which the perpetrators used to the killing of Servet Abdija.
the Police have previously published photos of these two guns, which were used for the killing of Servet Abdija. To the left an american revolver of the mark of the Colt and to the right the semi-automatic gun of the brand of Zastava, as the 34-year-old man confesses to have sold on. Politifoto
- The criminal and the weapon technical studies have with certainty established that it is these two weapons, which the perpetrators used to the killing of Servet Abdija, but it has in connection with the investigation, unfortunately, has not yet been possible to ascertain, from which the weapons originate, said efterforskningslederen, police commissioner Hans Erik Raben, at the time.
Servet Abdija was only 16 years old. He was shot down in front of his residence in the Raghildgade in the Østerbro district of Copenhagen
senior prosecutor, Søren Harbo from the Copenhagen Police informs that the interim still maintains drabssigtelsen against the 34-year-old.
- It appears the of retsmødebegæringen, to believe that he has sold the weapon on in the run-up to the killing. Is it not the same as to say, that In not believe that he is behind the killing?
- in any case It is the same as to say, that at present we can not prove that he is behind the killing. The only thing I can say is that drabssigtelsen is maintained.
- If you still believed that there was a certain probability that he can be charged with the killing, so had probably been waiting to run våbendelen together with drabssagen?
- Yes, but we have reached a point where we do not believe that at the present time we can move forward in relation to the drabssigtelsen, says senioranklageren, who does not at the present time can say, when assessing whether there should be påtalefrafald in relation to the killing.
- It is a serious charge to have on. Therefore, it is surely also fair that relatively quickly finds out of it?
- It is absolutely fair, but it does not mean that I can give you a time frame.
- So it will be my own words, if I write that drabstiltalen hanging by a thread?
- Yes, it will be your words. But it is clear that when we choose to say that at the present time we do not come on with drabssigtelsen for him, there also lies therein, that we, at least, not at present expect that we can go in right with the part. However, we will need to decide whether we will abandon the charge, or whether we will maintain it, says Søren Harbo and confirms that there is no other, who is charged with the killing.
the Scene of the crime for våbensagen is the Helsingborg area of Sweden, but the reason why the case in Denmark is that it is cleared up in Denmark, and that he stayed in Denmark, when he was charged with possession of weapons.
- the Alternative was that we should ask the Swedish police and the Swedish prosecutor's office to take over the case, as they basically do not know. And we have the opportunity to prosecute him here. So we chose to do it. In addition, after agreement with his lawyer.
It is Michael Juul Eriksen, the defence counsel for the 34-year-old.
- the Police have asked whether it can be promoted as a tilståelsessag. I believe that good can. So, we try to get done. So do the police so do the status of the rest of the case after it, he says.