It was against the votes of the Progress that Parliament last year passed a resolution to expand the mothers and fathers quota of the parental benefits from 10 to 15 weeks from 1. July 2018.
It meant that foreldrepermisjonen was divided in three and that the parents receive fewer weeks of free distribution in between. The liberal big win in Jeløya platform has received much criticism, not least from women who believe they "forced" quickly back to work after the birth.
Guri Melby (V) says employers must be able to work with barnefamilien to find a solution that works for the mother, father, children and job.Boss
Specifically, she believes the employer has a responsibility to ensure that the dad is actually taking their allotted weeks.
- the Employer is not doing enough to make sure that dad takes his share of the binder. I would like to hear an employer ask a woman to wait to have children - but to ask a man standing over pappaperm is somehow okay. That way we don't have it, " she says to Dagbladet and add:
- It must be such that any employer would expect that a man in 30 years can be gone for a while as a result of parental leave, exactly the way one would like to expect a woman can. It will be an important way for gender equality.We would strongly warn against a clampdown on pappapermen Leader Greater respect
The former Oslo byråden is the board deputy member of the Storting for culture and equality minister Trine Skei Grande.
- it Is not a falitterklæring when the ruling party Left must ask the employer to make sure that dad takes the binder?
- No. There is a disclaimer to think that the state only has to fix everything. The employer must have a greater respect for pappapermen and use the flexibility of the scheme to find a solution that suits all parties.
Men must be able to claim their right, too?
- Yes. But really they should not have to require anything. This is a statutory right. There is no one who feels they must claim to be at home with sick children, and this is the way it should be with parental leave, " says Melby.Møller's tran
Far in the Labour party, who joined up about tredelingen in the year there are voices that want rematch. Fagforbundets leader Mette Nord and fylkesordfører Tore O. Sandvik in the county of Trøndelag has pronounced itself critical to the legislative amendment that Parliament has adopted.
- I'm a fan of pappapermen, but here we had too much Møller's tran, said Sandvik to Dagbladet yesterday.
Guri Melby wanted the former a dichotomy of the binder, that is, a solid expansion of the pappapermen. She says very surprised by the criticism, which is particularly sharp on social media.
She shows, among other things to the government and samarbeidspartiene got a lot of jaws when the fathers quota was cut from 14 to 10 weeks in 2014.
We know that the financial sector, advokatselskaper and parts of the business sector, incidentally, has an attitude that pappaperm not so dangerous. It is wrong. Therefore, it is entirely appropriate to now play the ball over to the employers and ask them to make sure that men take pappaperm.Støre in the re-match