a week ago at Silverstone was Kevin Magnussen and could not understand what was wrong with his car and asked the team to build a new, while teamkammeraten Romain Grosjean was quite happy.
Sunday was the roles once again reversed.
the Way the Haas duo came from pointløse from Spain was far different.
- One of my career worst years, found the frenchman several times after his last of the 19, which carried.
Tough words from a man who has lived through several difficult periods in a long Formula 1 career.
- From the first to the last lap it was awful. I don't know what happened. It is not the same car.
- I can't explain why, when we were quick on Friday on both the individual game and in the løbstrim. Very competitive. Everything was under control. Today it was just not fun, and the car was hard to drive. Someone must give me an explanation, he said.
the Move forduftede in both sides of the garage from Saturday's first workout. One thing was Grosjeans one lightning-fast træningsomgang, which reached the headlines. But in løbssimulationerne was both Haas-racers are very competitive, without to be able to provide the same two days later.
the Frenchman had changed the engine and gearbox from Friday to Saturday due to a technical problem, which should not be a disadvantage.
In the other side of the garage was Kevin Magnussen as satisfied as one can be with a 15. space. The car is under him, felt again normal, besides that it was slower than on Friday.
At the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, where overtaking is rare, managed Haas with a rare one-stop-strategy.
Romain Grosjean is overtaken here by George Russell shortly after the start. Finally, during the slack Antonio Giovinazzi of reprimand after an overhaul, where the frenchman had to dodge to avoid collision. Photo: Mark Sutton/LAT/Haas F1 Team
the Effort was just fruitless.
It was a slow run, but beyond that, I think we ran a good race. We did what we thought there was going to. Got a good start and drove a one-stop. The balance was good in the car, and I overtook, when we should, says Kevin Magnussen.
- So a good race ... besides the move, which of course is a very important thing.
- We'll get to see about two-stopper was the best strategy, but before we thought, certainly, that a stop would be an advantage. I do not feel that there was more in it than what we got. We had not the same speed as Friday in the second practice, he says.
See also: Punishment them harder
See also: Unexpected help to the Haas
See also: Lundgaards colorful rivals: wild men and milliardærsønner
team boss Günther Steiner took Romain Grosjeans frustrations quite quiet.
- Let's put a little filter on these comments at the moment. It is easy to say both the best and the worst. We know that we don't have the best car, and we need to look at why we lost so much performance from Friday to Sunday, he says to Ekstra Bladet.
- the Times on Friday was genuine, but today we were two seconds slower per lap, so it is very strange. We must review the data and see if we can find something, " says Haas-team head, which saw a few positives.
- Especially with Kevin executed well. We tried a different strategy, and it worked, although there was a result. The car has just do not the go at the moment, he notes.
Formula 1 keeps now a friweekend, before the circus running races in Belgium, followed by two races in a row in Italy.
Here is probably a little unexpected help on the way to the Haas team via a technical directive - READ MORE HERE.
Sports and Games Watts: - I have changed my mind
Sports and Games Debriefing from the Uk: Suspicion against Haas: - Pure nonsense!
Sports and Games Kevin's own cars: The first, largest and coolest