Manchester City is finished in this season's edition of the Champions League after a drama without equal, when the team Wednesday met Tottenham in the second of two quarter-finals.
Here won the defending champions, admittedly, 4-3 at home, but a Tottenham victory at 1-0 in the first leg sent the City out on the rule of away goals.
After the match, City manager Josep Guardiola not surprisingly downcast, but the spaniard also had the energy to congratulate the victor.
- It is hard. It is terrible, but we must accept it. It was a good match for all.
- In the second half, we did what we could. We scored the goals we needed, but congratulations to Tottenham and all the best to them in the semi-final, says Guardiola on the club's twitterprofil.
Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
He is, despite the defeat still proud of both his crew and the team's fans.
- I have never seen the stadium as today. We are bored of it on their (the fan, red.) behalf, but football is unpredictable, and we went, unfortunately, not on.
Manchester City were both in front of 1-0, 3-2 and 4-2 against Tottenham in Wednesday's match, but ended up with smoking out of the prestigious tournament.
along the Way in the fight were several targets subsequently set by the referee Cuneyt Çakir.
By tottenham's goal to 3-4, which ended with sending the team on, looked like it in the first place, to Fernando Llorente scored with the arm. But after having seen the video, approved Cakir target.
In injury time got Cakir again using from videorummet, when he cancelled Raheem Sterling's goal to 5-3, which would have sent Manchester City on to the semifinals.
Champions League-exittet don't get Pep Guardiola to change his views on the WAS.
I support WAS. It is just to see that there is a hand on at Llorentes goal. From an angle similar to it, that there is a hand on, and from the referee's angle looks like it is not, he says, according to AFP news agency.
- I'm fine with fair football. If there is offside, then there is offside.
Among Manchester City's players, there was great disappointment that the track.
- No words for it, write midtbaneslideren Ilkay Gündogan on Twitter.
We gave everything and fought to the very end, writes the defender Aymeric Laporte on Twitter.
Manchester City and Tottenham meet again on Saturday in the Premier League.