on Friday afternoon Danish time confirmed president Trump, that he will sign a declaration on the nødretstilstand in the UNITED states to stop 'invasion' of the criminal at the border to Mexico.
Thus moves the prospect to a wall along the U.S.'s southern border is a bad closer, but it has continued the long-term outlook, says assessment from an expert, which Ekstra Bladet has spoken with.
Before construction can begin, namely fought a huge legal battle that will probably end up completely in the supreme court. The democrats have already announced they will fight against the declaration tooth and nail in both Congress and the courts.
Nødretstilstand or state of emergency is a tool that can be used during sudden situations such as terrorist attacks, epidemics or natural disasters.
But it's never before been used as a tool to implement a political agenda, explains editor-in-chief at Kongressen.com Anders Agner for the Extra Magazine:
- It can change american politics forever, because future presidents can do the same if they face resistance in Congress.
- It is without precedent, that he goes the road to here. It is true that past presidents have also declared nødretstilstand, but this is never seen before.
- It does not mean, however, that you are now starting to build the wall along the border. The declaration is being challenged legally equal with the same of the Democrats, and therefore it becomes all the dragging on now.
There is a lot of work for the president to prove that he is right in that there exists a national crisis, which actually requires that there be taken such drastic steps.
- Now we need to Trump first prove that he is right in what he says. He must defend why he is doing it right now and not a year ago or a few months ago. The numbers (on immigration, ed.) is not just with him, so it may well be difficult for him in a possible supreme court case, says Anders Agner.
Trump took another turn in the ring with the CNN journalist Jim Acosta during Friday's news conference. The president branded the american media as fake news. Photo: Kevin Dietsch/Ritzau Scanpix
And just the fact that Trump repeatedly at the press conference stressed that the problems with immigration has never been greater, it created a lot of controversy.
Trump put namely questioned by his own administration's report on undocumented immigration. Figures from the US Customs and border control shows that immigration to the UNITED states is at its lowest level in ten years. When the president was asked to report by CNN reporter Jim Acosta, he replied simply:
- You think well not even on the stats, do you? It is a false issue, and CNN is 'fake news'.
Policy - 7. nov. 2018 - at. 19:39 Trump crazy on the news conference: You are a rude, horrible person!
It was the journalist, who previously has lost his access to The White House after several violent discussions with the president, to reply on the social media Twitter.
Trump can't answer the question about how he is making stuff up about what's happening at the border.— Jim Acosta (@Acosta) 15. February 2019
Although the wall according to Anders Agner't stand to be built right on a provisional basis, the declaration is an important signal from Trump, who need to show his kernevælgere that he is doing everything he can to meet his election promise, believes the editor-in-chief.
- There is a high degree of campaigning in the here, one should not forget. If Trump lays down flat and admits that he can't get a wall, will his chances of being re-elected in 2020 will be small. Therefore, he walks the roads, there is utrationelle.
Anders Agner doubtful, however, that the wall at all, to anything.
Policy - 6. feb. 2019 - at. 15:33 Trumps wall buried
- It is hard to say. Now you have the country a budget agreement, so as to avoid a new shutdown. In this there is 1.7 billion dollars to build fences along parts of the border. But emergency may happen, legally, is far from safe. It requires that the supreme court says that the country is in an extraordinary crisis.
* Nødretstilstand or state of emergency is a tool that can be used during sudden situations. Examples include terrorist attacks, epidemics or natural disasters.
* In 2001, the law was activated after the terrorist attacks 11. september, in 2009 it was used by a flu epidemic, and Trump took it in 2017 in the fight against opioids.
* the Declaration of nødretstilstand gives the president special powers in an emergency to make decisions without Congress.
* According to the think tank Brennan Center for Justice, the president under the nødretstilstand be able to use powers defined in the 136 laws and regulations.
Source Ritzauread more Close Policy - 15. feb. 2019 - at. 07:58 Rages over the Trumps extreme maneuver: the Abuse of power, lawless, desperate