It is amazing that the city council clean up in this. I get so angry and exasperated that it is possible to send a utkastelsesbrev to people like him. He has a sense of security in their home, and so river to the municipality of the peace of mind right away, " says former Oslo mayor Fabian Stang to the Newspaper.
He has reacted sharply after that Dagbladet on Wednesday told about the handicapped Vegard Kile (55). From august oppjusterte the municipality of Oslo the rent on his omsorgsbolig from 8000 to 13 000.
Vegard is now receiving disability benefits and have not managed to pay this. In the end of January, and got his brother Gorm Ingar Wedge a new letter - a debt collection notice with eviction notice if it was not paid within 14 days.- If the municipality does not pay, I do it myself Fabian Stang will be away tram
the Reason for the increase is that the city of Oslo in the year 2000 introduced the so-called common hire, which is equivalent to that the prices should follow the rest of the rental market. It has led to that kvadratmeterprisen of the municipal dwellings has increased considerably in several places as more homes have been regulated.
This scheme was the Rod even with the to introduce. This, however, had an exception for, among other residential homes, which meant that these would not be covered by existing rent principle. This was the municipality away from in 2016.
In november they concluded, however, that the current scheme has unfortunate consequences, and that there should be a new assessment on whether or not it should be changed.
Rod believes the municipality can discuss the decisions and rules in the wide and broad, but it shall not Vegard and the others in the same situation mixed fingers.
- It's one thing to do now, and that is that the mayor sits on a bus with a bouquet of flowers and go up to Vegard to promise him that he shall be safe in their home. He also should not get any more letters unless they are seen through.LOVE the APARTMENT: Vegard Kile loves his apartment, and says to Dagbladet that he will never move from there. Photo: Jon Terje Pedersen Show more
- Where do you think this money should be taken from in these cases?
- It doesn't matter, that we take care of. We are going to spend 118 million on the miljøhovedstadsfeiringen, so we obviously have enough money. If not the municipality pay it, I am willing to pay the difference.Regrettable
the Current mayor of Oslo, Marianne Borgen (SV), mean in like with the Rod that the case has been unfortunate to be dealt with. She points out that she does not have the authority to intervene to resolve the matter directly, but encourages the district to find a solution as soon as possible.UNLUCKY: Mayor Marianne Borgen believes the matter has been unfortunate to be dealt with. Photo: Sturlason / Oslo kommune Show more
- Here, the district, a responsibility that they should be conscious of. People need to besinne a bit before they send utkastelsesbrev to such a vulnerable group, especially when they know there will be an assessment on the current scheme. It in addition has taken so long for the families to get started a proper dialogue is regrettable, so it should not be. Now the district sit down and find a solution with the family.
She also believes that the current system for the determination of rents creates insecurity for many residents and their families, and we are pleased that the municipal council has decided to take a new review of this.
- Here is the talk about people who for various reasons are in a vulnerable life situation. Then we have to work extra hard to find solutions. I hope the city council comes with a review as soon as possible, so that we can put ourselves down the arrangements that create a sense of security and predictability for people, " she says.
She gets the support from the community council for the elderly, health and work in Oslo municipality, Tone Tellevik Dahl (Ap), which expects that the Østensjø and all the other boroughs take responsibility for that disadvantaged residents get help to meet their basic financial expenses.District sorry
the Director of the district of Østensjø, Tove Trail, has not been available to answer Dagbladet repeated requests. In her place answer head of department for welfare and recreation in the district, Mary Ann Gursli. She acknowledges that the town's handling has not been good enough
- We have full understanding for that Vegard and his family experience this situation as stressful. We are sorry that it has taken a long time to get resolved this issue. It has not interaction internally within the district have been good enough, she writes in an e-mail.
Furthermore, she writes that the district will do what they can for that Vegard should be able to live the life he is accustomed to, and that she can reassure the family that Vegard will not be thrown out of their home.
- From the town's side, we need to relate to the resolutions that apply, but will of course give priority to this kind of issues and make use of all the instruments we have.
- Why considered ye it as okay to send utkastelsesbegjæring in this case?
- There is a letter that goes out automatically from kemneren when there are outstanding payments. In these cases, we understand that it is unfortunate and that we should speak up about this not to go automatically. What we're going to change.
What is now to happen further from your side?
- We will make sure to get in dialogue with Vegard and his family to resolve the situation in the best possible way.- Bostøtten greatly weakened
Vegards case is not unique. Last week told Dagbladet about the disabled Kristoffer Væhle Rodriguez, who has been doubled husleia and struggling to make ends meet.SERIOUS ERROR: member of parliament Karin Andersen believes that the case illustrates that there are serious errors in your system. Photo: Parliament Show more
Both Marianne Castle and member of parliament and leader of the municipal and forvaltningskomiteen, Karin Andersen, explains that the problem is especially large in the large cities, due to the fact that the government has reduced the bostøtten considerably.
- It shows that there are serious errors in the system, " says Andersen.
She works with a suggestion of improvement in the bostøtteordninga and changes in husleieloven, so that municipalities no longer will be able to take the current rent. This will be presented this month and probably be treated in the Storting in the spring.
When the Newspaper first started talked about Vegards case, stated state secretary in the municipal and moderniseringsdepartementet, Thorleif Flies Vikre (Frp) that it was wrong to claim that the government had weakened bostøtten.
Tallenes tale, however, shows a different story. In 2009, it paid out about nok 2.7 billion in bostøtte, while in 2018 was paid in just under 2.7 billion. In the same period of time increased the population by 500 000.
In 2017 were the rates adjusted to keep up with inflation and rising housing costs, but in the big cities has 70 to 80 per cent of those who receive bostøtte rental rates that in no way covered by this. In addition, thousands of disabled people fell out after that inntektsgrensen to receive support has increased.
- Statssekretærens statements can not be left. Those that get, get covered a far smaller share of their housing costs than before. Housing expenditure is increasing much, the revenues of domestic solar has been virtually silent. The small changes they have done dishes, did not up the huge backlog that they have caused to occur through a number of years, " says Andersen.- Cries krokodilletårer
They get support from the municipal council for the elderly, health and work in Oslo municipality, Tone Tellevik Dahl (Ap). She believes Vikre crying krokodilletårer and mistakenly pushes the responsibility is on the municipality, all the time until they have been fixed by the increased inntektsgrensa.WILL INCREASE the BOSTØTTEN: Helsebyråd Tone Tellevik Dahl believes the government should show a more storbyvennlig face. Photo: Oslo kommune Show more
- This affects in particular many in the big cities and the disabled, when bostøtta not taking into account the high price level. The government should show a more storbyvennlig face, especially against the disabled.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to stay in the city if they want it. We can afford to have people in different life situations also in the cities, " she says.
Vikre disagree with the criticism that the government has weakened the scheme, but say they are open to consider improvements:
- The situation described is challenging, but it is not given that it is bostøtten to resolve this. Bostøtten has an important role as a right for the individual, within the rules that apply. It does not give therefore no guarantee that the revenues and expenses in all situations goes together. When it is said, is this government concerned that we will have a good bostøtte that is targeted towards those who need it most, and we will continue to evaluate improvements, he says to Dagbladet.
- Bostøtten can, however, not expected to solve all the problems. In complex situations with great service needs will necessarily rest a great responsibility on the municipality to find a good solution for people who are in such a situation, he writes in an e-mail.< p> the Municipality is threatening to evict Vegard (55)