on Friday, it emerged that the well-known krejler Låsby-Svendsen, with the civil name Jens Peter Svendsen is dead.
He died of the consequences from an accident in his home three months ago, as he never really got over.
One of his close friends was Leif Dahlgård, which is known from the Dahlgårds Tivoli.
He got the message about his friend's death on Friday, where he had just been buried.
- I am completely speechless. I knew well that he had it bad, but not that it was so bad. The news came as a blow to the head, he says to Ekstra Bladet, and continues:
the Family has chosen, that his funeral should be held in silence, and therefore I was not with. It is difficult not to have been with to say goodbye, he says.
Leif Dahlgård is still digesting the news of his friend's death. Photo: Anders Brohus
According to Leif Dahlgård there are several things he will miss by his friend Låsby-Svendsen.
- I will really miss his humor and his way to be. It was always a pleasure to be around him. I have never met him, where he has been poised and ready for what the day brings, says Leif Dahlgård.
Leif Dahlgård is sorry that he could not be with the funeral, but according to the 74-year tivoli veteran he will remember him in a different way.
- I will remember him every day and remember him for all the good times, and then I will visit his grave and lay a flower. It is nice to be able to say a few words to him.
Here is Låsby-Svendsen for his 90th birthday last year. Photo: Ernst van Norde
After many decades on various Danish markets got Låsby-Svendsen many acquaintances around Denmark. One of them, who knew him, was the singer Richard Ragnvald, who both appeared as krejleren age of 75 and 80 years.
- I can't even remember when we met each other, but he came in many markets, where I played, and then we got us a good talk. He was a good friend, says Richard Ragnvald, as Extra the Blade catches him on the phone.
- I could damn well like Låsby-Svendsen. It was that many, who could not, because he cheated them to hell, but you can say, that the wise fools the less clever. I have only good to say about Låsby-Svendsen.
Richard Ragnvald has received news of the death, ten minutes prior to the call, and he tells that it came as a big surprise.
He knew not that his friend had fought in the last months of life because of a broken back.
- Otherwise I had then visited him. Of course, I would since it. It has something with humanity to do, and he was indeed a man. He was a krejler, and there will never come a new Låsby-Svendsen, says the singer and continued:
- He was the one of a kind in many fairs in Denmark. He was an icon. There is not one in Denmark, who do not know Låsby-Svendsen.
In his last days lived Jens Peter Svendsen in denmark.
He leaves behind two sons and a daughter.
Jens Peter Svendsen created a name for itself as a genuine krejler, and the name 'Låsby-Svendsen' getting probably a bell to ring at most of the danes.
Through the 70 years he created a great career to act on everything between the sky and land on the nation's marketplaces: Right from the horses and 'real' carpets for cars and sildeensilage.
however, There is also no doubt that Jens Peter Svendsen was often in the media with the less fortunate cases.
In 1968, went krejleren bankruptcy the first time because of tax debts, but it was not the only time. In 2009 he was again declared bankrupt, because in the six years prior to this, had not submitted tax returns or paid tax. His tax liability was then of 43 million dollars.
In 2003, he was sentenced to ten daily a 200 dollars for threats against the founder of the dyreværnsforening Hesteinternatet. Låsby-Svendsen pulled immediately after the pronouncement of the sentence your wallet out of your back pocket and was ready to pay ten times the 200 crowns for the judge, however, refused to accept the money.
In 2014, he was sentenced to five months suspended prison sentence for economic crime at the Time sounded the charges on tax evasion and fraud by creditors for a combined 58 million dollars, but he was only convicted of 200.000 crowns.
It is probably also not gone many nose over, to Låsby-Svendsen was known for renting out dilapidated homes for families without mentioning that there was a lack of water and heating.Show more Close