HAMAR, norway (Dagbladet): Svein Jemtland (47) is of hedmark county district court sentenced to 18 years in prison for the killing of his wife Jane Jemtland (36). on the night of 29. December of last year. Jemtland, appealed on the spot.
Why he chose to appeal on the spot without taking thinking time?Svein Jemtland sentenced to 18 years in prison for the murder of Jane Jemtland
It was a decision he took. He had decided it in advance if the result should be like that, " says Jemtlands defender Ida Andenæs to the Newspaper.
- Now we have received the judgment. We take it to intelligence, then we'll prepare ourselves to ankeforhandlinger, " she says.
- Is there anything in particular you want to see on you will attack?
- Now we will go through the judgement and look carefully at it.the Shot
hedmark county district court took in the day position to the central questions in the indictment against Svein Jemtland. The court believes that it is unlikely that the gun went off accidentally so Svein Jemtland claim, without Jemtland was on the trigger.
- It seems unlikely that the gun may have been fired with a accident, so the defendant showed that, reading tingrettsdommer Trond Christoffersen from the judgment.
They also pointed out that it is unlikely that Jane Jemtland even to have owned the weapon, so Svein Jemtland claim.
He has said that it was Jane, this is contrary to several witness statements. There was no one who understood it so that the gun belonged to Jane, but more who said that Jane didn't like the weapon.DOM: Monday dropped the judgment against Svein Jemtland. Video courtesy: TV 2 Show more - A clear intent of the
Furthermore it took the right position on the murder was done in the intent or not. Even claim Svein Jemtland shot went off by accident, but it la the right to because that was very unlikely.
- There are no mitigating circumstances, but a number of aggravating moments. The explanation that he accidentally stepped on her after she was dead, is not credible. The six ribbeinsbruddene must be either of a fall in the stairs or that she has been exposed to blunt violence, " says Christoffersen.RELIEF: Janne Jemtlands staying, Peter Opheim, is relieved after the verdict against Svein Jemtland. - It went as I hoped, he says to Dagbladet. Video: hegelstad eiendomsselskap arvid b. hegelstad Mogen Show more
- Murder is committed under particularly aggravating circumstances. There is a clear intent, and he carried out despite the fact that he knew that his son was at home. In addition, it is a pain and the agony she must have experienced, and the disrespectful treatment of the body after her death.
the Judge also points to the family's uncertainty in the time afterwards, lies towards the children and the invitation to his son about lying to the police.cause of death
Furthermore the head right on the experts ' assessment that Jane Jemtland was drowned two to three hours after the shot was fired the night of 29. December. Jemtland claim he let his wife lie in the snow in the one to two hours before he wrapped her in plastic and left her lying in his car for nearly a day.This is the puzzles in Jemtland case Dagbladet Plus
- It is proven a great skuddskade in the middle of his forehead. It is the violation of the six ribs and the lungs have changes. The drowning is believed to be the cause of death, approximately two to three hours after the skuddskaden, citing Christoffersen from the judgment.
- After the court's opinion there is no reasonable doubt associated with the experts ' conclusion.Funds in the Glomma
Svein Jemtland has explained that he drove Jane Jemtland to the Glomma and dumped her there about one day after she was shot 02.15 night to 29. December.
the district Court believes this cannot be correct, because none of the cars he should have predisposed at the time, had enough moving distance.
29. December is however several kilometres driven as the investigation has failed to uncover.
- Without that it has meaning for skyldsspørsmålet, gives the room that he has used this to bring Jane to the open water. He has also had the time to do this before he drove to bristol rovers around 05.45 the night, " says the judge.< p> Conclusion
Tingrettsdommer Trond Christoffersen read out the conclusion in court. Svein Jemtland stood upright and would prefer not a little during the reading.
- Svein Jemtland sentenced to 18 years in prison for the murder of his wife Jane Jemtland.
Jemtland is also ordered to pay compensation of 400 000 to both sons, for a total of 800 000.
He appealed on the spot.This determines Jemtlands fate: - 18 years of age is a strict punishment