When the clock hit 14.00 today - exactly 49 hours after the jury had retired - came the message from the Borgarting court of appeal. Not in the day, the decision about Eirik Jensen's fate. The jury sat a few hours, and just before 17.20 on Friday came the message that they have finished the discussion for today and gone home.
In the early hours of tomorrow morning at 09.00 continues rådslagningen.
It is still completely uncertain when the ruling from the jury is coming, and it can occur both Saturday, Sunday, or a week.
A quick review shows that Jensen-the jury now is the one that has spent the longest time on ad-hoc advice in the modern rettshistorie - both longer than the Orderud case, Nokas-case and the so-called vannverksskandalen.
- It is a long case. The jury takes a long time. It suggests that they have much to discuss, and that it is not any easy decision no matter which way it goes. Other conclusions are difficult to draw, " says Jensen's defender John Christian Fire to the Newspaper.FIRE: the Jury has still not decided the outcome in the case against Eric Jensen. This is the latest news about the jury-drama. Reporter: Hegelstad Eiendomsselskap Arvid B. Hegelstad Mogen. Commentator: Martine Aurdal. Video: Nicolai Delebekk / Dagbladet Show more - Cops or villain
Several juryeksperter believe that the jury is taking a long time may indicate that they are going to answer "no" on the issue of guilt.
- the Logic of it is that if you do not agree on the guilty, to it some before you change your mind. Then one must conclude about bevistvil and then one must be acquitted, " says the Fire on the question of how he interprets the long time.
What the jurors are discussing what the disagreement is or what evidence they add to the reason getting the public never know. Norwegian juries never comes with a justification for their stance.retired: the Jury in the Jensen case has now retired, after atdommer Kristel Heyerdahl has given its rettsbelæring. So considering Eric Jensen's lawyer the.. Video: Nicolai Delebekk / Dagbladet / View more
- It is the biggest weakness in the juryordningen. But this is a case with easy conclusion. Either they believe that he is the villain or the cops, " says the defender.- Tenacious latency
He has been in contact with Eric Jensen after the referee Kristel Heyerdahl kept his rettsbelæring Wednesday. He went then straight home to milton keynes dons together with her Ragna Lise Vikre.
waiting times are incredibly tenacious. When it comes to it that the jury is taking a long time, so we interpret it not as something negative, says a partner Ragna Lise Vikre to NTB.
Jensen will get information about two hours before the ruling is read up to number of to reach up to the Oslo court house.Cappelen squinted morskt against the judge when she stated that before only have been said in the closed right Comment
- He comes when the court of appeal said it, says the Fire.- Will not walk away
- How he does that, he can pågripes with a time, if he is convicted?
Jensen is aware that he can pågripes with a time. But the usual is that the man not be jailed before an enforceable judgment. He has not done before, and not doing it now, " says the Fire.
the Fire has not been based on any special soningsvilkår that must be in place if Jensen need in prison. Jensen has contributed and the leader of Norway's most spectacular politioperasjoner against some of Norway's heaviest criminals, including the B-gang - who had a party when he was apprehended in 2014. It may mean that Jensen needs extra security at the imprisonment.
We have taken the height that he should not be in prison, " says the Fire, but also says:< p> We sat locked up without the opportunity to call home
It has come clear in this trial that there are a number of people who want him behind bars.Prepares the appeal
John Christian Fire has several times expressed disagreement with how the trial in the Borgarting court of appeal has been completed. The reason is the criminal 242a, which makes that the armed forces and judges are not given insight in certain documents that the prosecution has petitioned except. This this concealment can be crucial in an eventual appeal to the Supreme court, and the Fire has taken up the issue several times for the court of appeal.
- It is a special theme because Spesialenheten want to lead evidence about Jensen's work, but denying us at the same time access to documents that can shed light on that what he says is correct, explains the Fire.
the Rationale is that the information is so sensitive that it is about danger to life and health if they come out.PROCESS: Even if Jensen is today known innocent by the jury, it can be a long process before he is completely exonerated. Video: Nicolai Delebekk Show more
We believe it is an abuse of the law. The question is whether the law is durable or not. It is something that eventually will end in the Supreme court on the case go there, " he says.
- Ankeadgangen in the Supreme court is narrow. Can it be a basis?
- There is obviously a basis. One is sentenced without being able to put forward evidence that their own cause is correct, we have a problem in court in the Uk. One thing is if there is a theme, but when they do it to a theme, he must get to explain themselves.Behind these doors is determined Jensens fate: - Poor, poor people