A ’fight’ for the rights to a national fodboldcenter in Denmark is not yet settled, but now the meetings organiser international support.
The former U21-team coach and assistant team coach Keld Bordingggard is the author of the project. At the same time, he has registered the trademark NFCD (National Football Center Denmark), but the University has still ’stolen’ the project and made it his own.
Keld Bordinggaard has ended up in a bitter dispute with University of Southern denmark about the rights to a national fodboldcenter in Denmark, but now he gets support from a number of international colleagues from the world of football.
It is the colleagues in the organization MIP Alumni, who support the Keld Bordinggaard in the fight against the University of Southern denmark.
There are about 40 international colleagues, all of whom have taken the training Master for the International Players, a training that is targeted former top players with international experience. All the former top players who want to continue in world football at senior management level.
Among those who find themselves in støttekoret to Keld Bordinggaards battle, big names such as Eric Abidal, Sebastian Kehl, Christian Karembeu, Simon Rolfes, Youri Djorkaeff, Bruno Cheyrou, Luis Garcia, Gaizka Mendieta, Geremi Njitap, Gilberto Silva and Kolo Toure.
Christian Karembeu is one of 40 fodboldpersonligheder, which attacks the University of Southern denmark in Odense for a lack of ethics and morals. Photo: Lars Poulsen.
They have written a statement of support, which has been published on the organization's website. Here it says:
”It is a big surprise for us that the University of Southern denmark and Institute of Sport promotes keld's project as theirs. It is inconsistent with the truth. Keld is with the University's own words projektforfatter and irreplaceable in the development of the project.
the University has removed David from the project and used his registered trade mark of the NFCD. It is unacceptable behavior, University of Southern denmark and Institute of Sport have shown. It raises big questions of university morality and credibility as a reliable partner for both Danish and international football. The university of unethical behaviour comes at a time when the soccer ball more than ever we must stand on the goal of ethical, moral and transparent governance, management and behavior”, says the university of copenhagen, from the international stars.
I quickly found out that the University of Southern denmark behind my back had a completely different agenda than to help the Danish football, says Keld Bordinggaard about the situation, he ended up in, where he feels the University of Southern denmark has stolen the whole of his idea of a national fodboldcenter. Photo: Carsten Andreasen, Polfoto.
Keld Bordinggaard is glad to see the large, distinctive fodboldledere respond to the lack of ethics and morals.
- It is precisely in this group of european colleagues that I have discussed the possibility to share knowledge and skills in a future fodboldcenter. For the benefit of football in general and Danish football in particular, says Keld Bordinggard and states:
- However, I found gradually out of the University of Southern denmark behind my back had a completely different agenda than to help the Danish football.
- In relation to my european colleagues is the happy accident that the UNIVERSITY's and the Department of Sport's hidden agenda came to light. The university is, in my eyes, devoid of morality and credibility in the case, says Keld Bordinggaard for Extra Magazine.
the University's idea to erect a fodboldcenter is stolen from the paper, as Keld Bordinggaard presented to them in 2013. There is talk of a project to several hundred million kroner, which will be financed by means of research and funding.
With its support warns of big international fodboldkapaciteter now funds to support the project, as the University of Southern denmark ends up with to present.
--------- SPLIT ELEMENT ---------We have made a completely different project
Jørgen Povlsen, who is an associate professor in the department of sports science at the University of Southern denmark, can not understand the criticism about the lack of morals and ethics in the context of the forthcoming project on a national fodboldcenter in Odense.
A project that Keld Bordinggaard in its time introduced to him back in 2013. Ago ended the parties in deep disagreement, and the university threw Keld Bordinggaard of the gate in 2017.
- The fodboldcenter, we have been working on for several years, is a completely different project than it, Keld Bordinggaard called the National Football Centre Denmark, " says Jørgen Povlsen and elaborates:
- We have not stolen keld's project. In no ways. Therefore, I cannot understand the claim of bad ethics and morals. The project partners have in close cooperation developed our very own project, and it would be wrong to ascribe to the other this, " says Jørgen Povlsen.
Keld Bordinggaard shaking his head over the announcement by Jørgen Povlsen.
The center, which the UNIVERSITY now plans, have the exact same location, exact same content (football and research) and the exact same partners as described in my project description from 2013. So exactly my project, " says a puzzled Keld Bordinggaard.
- Also has the Municipality of Odense until June 2017 used my registered trademark NFCD is in communication with a fund. So to claim that it is not my project, is ludicrous, he states.
the University of Southern denmark has, according to Jørgen Povlsen, the finished project clearly and must now seek funding hoping to get funded the new fodboldcenter.