Two feelings dominated with 16-year-old Clara Tauson after her impressive cup in ’adult tournament’ in Shenzhen, China: Fatigue and great joy.
she writes for Ekstra Bladet after the victory at 6-4, and 6-3 over hjemmefavoritten Fangzhou Liu, who is seven years older and the number 172 in the world rankings.
- To reach the final and win it, I had not quite dared to hope for before the tournament started, but of course this is a wild feeling, sounds it from the winner, who has been out in some very demanding tresættere on the way to the triumph.
- today I was a little the mark of many tough battles, I've played this week, so I was aware that I - in addition to my heavy basic beats and varied game - also had to work hard physically, saith the Clara Tauson, with the 80 points now takes a proper leap up at the WTA's world rankings.
Here she will on Monday be right at the edge of the Top 400, which will facilitate access to the slightly larger seniorturneringer.
A big congratulations to Clara with a victory in the $60,000 tournament in Shenzhen, 80 WTA-points, and a ranking of around 400 in the world in the next week. 6-4 6-3 over the world no. 172 in the final. It is so powerful #claratauson #tennisdk #dansktennis #tennis #internationalelite pic.twitter.com/Wn47uGoNgF— Kenneth Carlsen (@CarlsenKenneth) 17. march 2019
she was a little physical pressure before the finals, was taken into account in the tactics, she along with her father and the trainer had put it. It explains Søren Tauson in this way:
- In the final of the day, I felt that Clara was clearly marked in the beginning. Her road towards the finals as useedet was significantly harder than the opponent's.
- the Servers lacked a little of the usual bite and the racket was a little heavy. We knew that it would probably be the case, and had therefore talked about, that it should run away.
It was also obvious that clara's varied game could cause the opponent problems, says Søren Tauson, who is proud of how his daughter handled it all.
- Clara kept calm despite the early servegennembrud and worked his way into the fight in an intelligent way. In the last three parties surrendered the opponent completely, particularly on the physical. A really great accomplishment, sounds it.
Clara Tauson in China have shown her abilities to pull themselves up by the roots, physically as well as mentally, when it is necessary. Photo: Roger Parker
Besides the point and a præmiecheck at around 60,000 dollars (minus tax) takes the duo a lot of experience with home from the biggest tournament they have participated in.
- It has been an exciting week, where I have played against skilled opponents, who for the most part, have been an established part of professional tennis for many years, as Clara puts it.
Now it's working on.
- We've had a really good week, which gained a lot of experience, and we have made some valuable notes to the future training. To Clara, the top five matches, is just the whipped cream on the pie, complements of her father.
Clara Tauson has played 22 tournament matches at junior and senior level in years. She has won all of them.
She is at the time of writing in the train on the way to the next - and slightly smaller - tournament in Xiamen, China. Here are the prize amounts to 15,000 dollars, and that can not be retrieved points to the world rankings but, in contrast to the ITF's ranking, which also can be given access to the bigger WTA tournaments.
Sports and Games Close to megatalentet: The next two years will define it all for Clara
Sports and Games the World's best 15-year-olds: Around stortalentet Holger Rune