Sweden had taken five straight medals in the team competition in the world CUP.
But when the branch made it's debut on the OLYMPIC program in the last year, there was a fast exodus already in the quarter-finals.
And on Tuesday in Åre it was the same.
the team Competition was seen in advance as one of the blågults strongest medaljchanser in the at home world CUP in the Swedish alpinmeckat. The Swedish classic in the parallel slalom would set the tone for the last world CUP-a week. But of that there was nothing at all.
although simple 3-1 in the åttondelsfinal. But when Anna Swenn-Larsson, then straddled the pole in the first kvartsfinalheatet against the OS-the one in Switzerland, Wendy Holdener), it was tough.
It didn't help that Mattias Hargin and Frida Hansdotter won their heat. Ramon Zenhäusern was too difficult for André Myhrer in the decision – and the day was over when the swiss took a clear victory.
– We already saw on the draw that it would be tough in fifteen minutes, but we gave it a real try, " said Myhrer.
" I had the decision in my hand in the last heat, but Ramon has been strong throughout the evening. And they have a good team, Switzerland.
" It's clear that you are disappointed, we did our best but it was not enough in the day.
– And I straddling the unfortunately removed me. I had come down and won the heat, we had moved on.
Swedish stars then took just the Switzerland home world CHAMPIONSHIPS gold medal ahead of Austria and Italy.
Mattias Hargin – which had a heavy season – was abrupt when he came to intervjuzonen in målfållan.
– we simply need to act, " said the veteran.
– this was my big chance.
time since 2005 that Sweden missed a medal in the team competition in a world CUP. Although the format has changed over the years, but since 2013, the case of parallel slalom.
"It has become harder, tougher," says Hargin while Frida Hansdotter fill in:
– in The last few years have been tough, but it's also about the draw, where it ends up. It is clear that it is sin to meet Switzerland so early, but it is the rules of the game.
has been the subject of great discussion in recent years. Sweden has had to face tough opposition early on – such as Austria in the OLYMPICS last year, and now Switzerland in the world CUP – because the system is based on the nationsrankningen. The system rewards those countries who have strong riders in all disciplines, and then Sweden lacks large fartnamn it will be tough.
in Pyeongchang thought André Myhrer that the system should be changed.
Now, the says the OS-the first beat in the slalom, which probably makes its last championship:
" I think it may be an idea to change, perhaps one should rank the teams according to the results on the ”team event” (the relay) instead. But it will have someone else to think of.
He continues on the development of the discipline:
– the Level has risen significantly the last few years, all take it more seriously. Now it feels like everyone wants to set up with almost the best team they have. I think that's fun.
– Now, I have been on the ground and know roughly how it reacts, " says Myhrer and OS-guldkollegan Hansdotter fill in:
– Even if it was a disappointment so I take with me the jubilation here on the ground. I had to win my heat, and I want more.
the Guide: the Alpine world ski CHAMPIONSHIPS in Åre 2019 – the full schedule, stars, highlights
DN ranked Sweden's medaljchanser in Åre
Syrgasanvändning – alpinskidåkningens doping?