OAR (Dagbladet): There was no Norwegian cheers for medaljehåpene in the alpine ski world CHAMPIONSHIPS.
IN the world cup trail in the Vessel coasted Dominik Paris from Italy to gold in the super G. For the Norwegian, it was a disappointing day.
Adrian Smiseth Sejersted was the best Norwegian on a day where both Aksel Lund Image, Kjetil Jansrud and Aleksander Aamodt Source misset in medaljejakten.A death changed everything for the world cup-hope
Sejersted was finally number 8 - 0.5 seconds behind the winner in Paris. Image, Source, and Jansrud ended up all the way down on the list.
In a long period of time, lay the Image, Jansrud, Beat Feuz and the Source at the very bottom.
I must say me okay happy, " says Sejersted of the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.
What makes that you can handle the conditions the best of the Norwegian?
- I don't know. Aleks (Source) obviously had a little more texas-round, it is enough random that no one gets the full flap. It is a pity. Fortunately, we have still utforen again, " says Sejersted.
Johan Clarey (France) and Vincent Kriechmayr (Austria) shared the silver. Both were in goal nine hundredths behind the winner.PAIN: Kjetil Jansrud had obvious pain in his injured hand after the finish in Åre. Video: NRK. Show more Tough trail
Today's CHAMPIONSHIP course was demanding and the whole nine of the 30 first ran out.
- the Speed is outrageously high. At the top I try to "push", but the rest is I "baksetesjåfør". It is my own fault. I handled it not. It is a grueling trail. Paris is perhaps the best to keep the pace in the trail and he is technically strong, " says Kjetil Jansrud to Dagbladet in pressesonen.
I wish I was a little gentler. It was difficult, it was dark, very challenging considering the terrain and see when it comes. I was perhaps a little too eagerly, and was thrown a little around a lot. It was two-three benefits I was completely out and ride a bike, " says Aleksander Aamodt Source.Uneasy Image
- It was a surprisingly tough course, " says Aksel Lund Image.
- I couldn't enjoy it. I realized it when I stood on the start button, and the light was worse. I saw it on TV and noticed it on the løyperapportene and radios. They went a little warm. People drove out, and sent up messages. It was not the calm at the start as it tends to be. There were many who had to change the plan.
After 17 years at the top level, 36 verdenscupseire, two OLYMPIC gold medals, five world CHAMPIONSHIP gold medals and 12 mesterskapsmedaljer did he still not to new the last few minutes before the start. It says something about the kaosnivået it was on the current flows.
- It is much harder race than I had imagined. I thought it would be a completely different experience than it was. It was simply damn difficult, " says the 36-year-old.
the Light was turned off. It went from sunshine to really dark. Then it went to a trail that had high speed and difficult passages, says the Image of the Newspaper.
For the sake. Adrian Sejersted Smiseth was the best Norwegian in a åttendeplass. Aksel Lund Image was number 16. Kjetil Jansrud took a 22. place, while Aleksander Aamodt Source was number 24.FAR BEHIND: Aksel Lund Image lost, unfortunately, for a lot along the way and ended up too far behind. Video: NRK Show more Disappointment
The Norwegian world cup hopes had the early start numbers, where the biggest favorite was last out. So they started Norwegian: Aleksander Aamodt Source (5), Kjetil Jansrud (7), Adrian S. Sejersted (8) and Aksel Lund Image (11).
Dominik Paris from Italy drove early to a good time with 1.24.20 - and there was a time the Norwegian struggled to match.
Source ran into at 1.25.83. He made an early mistake and left off with the horror at a port. Towards the end ended up he also out too far and ruined the attempt. Two rough bom was too costly in the pursuit of a medal.
- Yes, I would say this is a letdown for us, considering that the super-G is "our discipline". We should have delivered better. We try, but don't hit completely.- This is a downer for us Image far behind
Kjetil Jansrud hit not one hundred per cent. He opened well, but ended up quickly falling behind at the split times. Jansrud was in goal at the 1.25.38.
Sejersted was behind from the first split time, but finished strongly and crossed the finish line on 1.24.70. He was the best of the first three Norwegian, but it was still never any hope of podium finish.
Veteran Image was the last doe out, but rather he didn't get enough speed to threaten the leader of Paris. Image was in arrears from the start and ended up eventually far behind Paris. 1.25.12 held not to a toppløp. He was 92 hundredths behind Paris.Jansrud took to the taped hand right after the finish