21 years is a long time. Not the least in the world of football.
so much has happened in the premier League over the past two decades, but one particular page in the history books, there has been no reason to tinker with since 1998. The page that's about the most goals in one season.
In the season 1997/1998 scored Ebbe Sand 28 goals in 33 matches for Brøndby IF, and it's never been surpassed. The question is whether it happens on Sunday.
It has been continued with the attack on Ebbe Sand's record in the course of the 21 years, but now faces FCK-star Robert Woods listed for 26 goals after 32 rounds. That is to say, that he with two goals against Brondby on Sunday tangere record with a hat-trick to make it to his belongings.
On the stage in Telia Parken will Ebbe Sand sit and follow Robert Skov rekordjagt, and even on the Sand, in its capacity as the sports director at Brøndby IF will have the most focus on the outcome, he does not hide that the record is sitting in the back of the head.
- There has been little talk of it here at the last, and that Robert is fast approaching, I have of course taken note of me. It is the game that my record has been allowed to stand for 21 years, and I hope also, it gets to be a little bit yet. But he has a good chance to score more than 28 goals this season, says Ebbe Sand to the advice.dk.
But you did it in 33 rounds - Robert Forest has to be well judged from the same number of rounds?
- Yes, the argument I have also thought me to keep. Here so many years after annoys me still, that I did not score in the last five matches of the season, but we had won the championship and went down a little in the cadence; so scoring I first again in pokalfinalen, says Mcdonalds boss.
the Article continues below the images
Ebbe Sand in company with Mogens Krogh and Søren Colding, since the Danish championship is a fact of life in 1998. Brøndbys third in a row. Photo: Thomas Boberg/Ritzau Scanpix
Ebbe Sand looks on, while Bo Hansen is in close combat with a Kosice player. Brøndby processed the slovaks out, and qualified for the Champions League in the autumn of 1998. Photo: Lars Poulsen
Ebbe Sand has taken no trouble to recall the season of 21 years ago.
- Målmæssigt it was a great season. I have also had good periods of Schalke 04 and the national team, but the season - and especially the autumn of 1997 - will always stand for me as something special. It was absolutely crazy. When I went on the track, so I knew that I would score.
- It was really just a matter of how many. It is a unique feeling to have as a striker, and so you feel almost that you can walk on the water.
It was one of the most fun seasons in my career, and so it is worth to remember, that I was not the real man from the start of the season. It was only when Peter Mills was sold, that I came into the team, but then I hit a good shoal, says Ebbe Sand on the season, where he is also noted for the fastest hat trick in history - three goals in four minutes against Vejle.
Even though he of the many reasons hope that Robert Forest does not hit day on Sunday, promises of Mcdonalds boss anyway on the hat of the unique in scandinavia because the top scorer.
- Robert has had a fantastic season, and so it is deeply impressive that he has scored so many goals as a midfielder. He has a great venstreben, I haven't experienced very many be in the vicinity of in my career. It is wildly beautiful, what Robert has done, saith the Ebbe Sand.
the 46-year-old Ebbe Sand ceased its active career in 2006.
Sports and Games Brøndby believe in drømmetræner: Prepared to postpone the deadline
Sports and Games How it went: Winter 11 hits and near-missesSports and Games 'Scavengers' from Vejle: Sorry! It is good enough crap, I have made