DBU’s treasurer Christian Kofoed rammede it very well when he on Sunday presented the DBU's financial statements for the year 2018 of the DBU's board of governors at the annual meeting in Horsens, denmark.
- we Can not do it a little better!
the Note was about DBU's abilities to attract sponsors primarily for the men's team.
Fodboldlandsholdet is commercially a big draw, but the later years of turmoil and trouble behind the scenes have got the sponsors to flee.
the Development has almost been alarming, since Dong and Arla shared hovedsponsoratet and Adidas have pumped a large amount of money into the DBU. Sponsorindtægterne landed 26.8 million. kr. right around 2012. Since revenue has only gone one way – down.
the Base is expected to be reached in 2018, where DBU landed on the 14.1 million. kr. in sponsor income.
- We need to lift our commercial revenue. The hope was that it happened after the WORLD cup participation, but then came the conflict that destroyed it all, added Christian Kofoed.
DBU chairman Jesper Møller acknowledges the challenge, but he is optimistic in its efforts to lure more sponsors. It is he, because now there is peace on the national team, with a six-year agreement negotiated.
- With the long landsholdsaftale, we have concluded, it is the expectation that we raise our commercial revenue significantly, says Jesper Møller and elaborates:
- Since we are in 2017 and out of selling sponsorships, it happened with kvindekonflikten in the mind. As a sponsor I would also ask: Has the In a contract and how long it runs?
- The race for the 2018 and you must be more than supersælge to sell a sponsorship on the conditions. Now, the situation is completely different, because we have made a six-year agreement. It provides peace.
- I feel convinced me that we in a short timespan can sign new agreements. We are experiencing an increasing interest for our national team. It should get commercial partners on the field, assesses Jesper Møller.
He points to the tillidsplatform, which was created in connection with the landsholdsaftalen, where cooperation between the players and the DBU must be strengthened.
- Peter Mills and William Kvist have already got a really good cooperation. I am convinced that it makes a positive impact on sponsorship wise, says Jesper Møller, who did not expect DBU to get one main sponsor, but several major sponsors.
- the Difference between the club and landsholdsfodbold is that you in the landsholdsregi must not have take advantage of on the jerseys. Therefore, I believe that the way forward is going to be like the Champions League, where UEFA will have several major sponsors for the tournament, says Jesper Møller.
New landsholdskomité is unanimously adopted in the DBU