the Deed at one of the mosques was filmed by the offender with a camera which been attached on the body, and broadcast live via Facebook. The video and the suspect's accounts on social media was erased shortly after broadcast.
the Video was also uploaded on Youtube, which is owned by Google. One of the first films that was put out on social media could get more than 100 views before it was taken away, according to the stuff.co.nz.
calls on the public to not share the material and points out that the sharing can be guilty of the crime.
Facebook called on the public to notify all the clips from the live video, which circulated on the platform. On Saturday, said a spokesperson for Google, thousands of posts linked to the masskjutningen had been removed.
"We must stand united against hatred and work together to oppose it," said Facebook chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg on Saturday, according to local media.
the Suspected terrorist before a judge – stays in custody
Niklas Orrenius: the Ideas behind the church in Christchurch is also available here
Moskébesökare: ”of Course, I am afraid”
This we know if the suspect is the offender.
at Least 49 dead in terrorist acts against mosques in New Zealand