the 30-year-old Rikke Møller Pedersen has enjoyed great success in its svømmekarriere, but now it's over. The desire is gone, she says. There is no more to give.
Good enough, she has struggled with an injury the last time, but it is not the that is the reason for the stop.
- Mind to stop, came way before I was diagnosed my injury in the shoulder. I think, simply, that I recent years have struggled to find myself in the sport, and it has been the main reason why I stop, she says to TV2 Sport.
Photo: POLFOTO - Jens Dresling
Among the triumphs, the Danish swimmer among other things, count a myriad of the european football championship and WORLD cup medals. At the OLYMPICS in Rio in 2016, she won her first olympic medal, when she got bronze in the 4 x 100 metres medley.
the Blue book: Rikke Møller Pedersen
Blue book for swimmer Rikke Møller Pedersen from Kolding swimming club, on Monday, has decided to discontinue its international svømmekarriere after 15 years.
* Age: 30 years old - born in Odense, denmark 9. January 1989.
* the Primary disciplines: the 100 - and 200-meter breaststroke.
* Career: Holder of the 24 medals won by either langbane-EM, short course-EM or -VM, as well as the OLYMPICS.
the Bronze medal at the OLYMPIC games in Rio de Janeiro in 2016 in the women's 4x100 metres medley in holdkap in European record time.
Silver at the langbane-WORLD cup in 2013. In the semi-final put Rikke Møller world record to take the 200 metres in 2 minutes and 19,11 seconds. The record is still valid.
the Holder of four gold medals, a silver and a bronze medal at the european championships.
* short course:
the Holder of four titles as world champion and three silver medals at the WORLD championships.
It is also been eight gold medals and three silver medals at the european championships.
world Record in short course WORLD cup in the 4x50 metres in medleyholdkap in Doha in 2014. Europarekord in the 4x100 metres in medleyholdkap at the same championship.
world Record in the short course-EM in the 4x50 metres medleyholdkap in 2013 in Herning, denmark.
Ritzau,read more Close
Even mention her world record from the WORLD cup in 2013 in the 200 metres breast as some of the greatest, and her many good experiences with the sport do, that she does not want to get rid of swimming altogether.
- I put my own swimming on the shelf, but I have a whole lot of lessons and experiences, I would like to pass on to young people who would like to swimming. Then there are also a lot of other projects in the lake which I am looking to get started with, she says to the media.
Just exactly what projects there are, is yet to be seen.