MELBOURNE (Ekstra Bladet): Deja-vu. A year ago, qualifying Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean as number six and seven to the Australian Grand Prix. As you know, were it not for the drømmeresultat, which was in the cards.
In 2019, there are swapped around drivers; no penalties to other drivers, but nevertheless starts the team in A position to kick-start the season.
If it can stay away from trouble in the first place, and the wheels are fixed after the expected one pit stop.
the Drivers, the boss and the mechanics feel somewhat better prepared this time. When, to be fair, Haas-mechanics delivered error-free stop 20 races in a row.
Last year, after the battle here, we have not made such a mistake. I am as confident as one can be. It can always happen. But there is nothing by this course, which makes that there is a greater risk of losing a wheel here. We just do as the rest of the last year, everything is fine, says team boss Günther Steiner.
Kevin Magnussen also has full confidence to the rest of the crew.
- the Team has made 300 pit-stop up to the start of the season, where last year it was maybe not even 20. You can't say with 100% certainty, that nothing is happening, but we are much better prepared this year, he notes.
- We want just a good start. We have good positions with both cars and will just walk out of here with a lot of points and put the season quietly started. Instead of taking the unnecessary risk in the first race, says the dane.
Photo: Ritzau Scanpix
Formula 1 - 16. mar. 2019 - at. 14:16 F1-star excited: Why do you say it?
Formula 1 - 15. mar. 2019 - at. 21:41 Jason Watt is not in doubt: It your game
Formula 1 - 14. mar. 2019 - at. 15:35 Formula-1-stars in shock: - He was the drivers ' man
Romain Grosjean will start in third startrække together with Charles Leclerc, while Kevin Magnussen just behind get the pleasure of rookien Lando Norris, who delivered a classy first timing for McLaren.
As always, there is a risk in the first place, where the cars are close with the best overhalingsmuligheder in the whole song contest. Just remember last year, when it succeeds Kevin Magnussen to overtake none other than Max Verstappen.
In the year to the riders even get used to the larger frontvinger.
- It is the most important thing is to get from the start, and, of course, Kevin and I take care of each other. If we can get at one of the big boys up front, I am not sure that they will have move to get past again, " says Romain Grosjean.
- It would be nice, but the most important thing is a clean the first place. We have greater frontvinger now; we must also take care of.
Red Bull gambled with his drivers at the beginning of the qualification, which resultererede that Pierre Gasly will start as 17. Probably he will get even more difficult to overtake in Australia than normal.
- There is no big bremsebremsepunkter here, so it will require very large onion to get past, " confirms the frenchman.
the Australian Grand Prix runs on Sunday from at 6.10 local time.
Sports and Games - I win damn it here
Sports and Games Career-crushers, rookies and Magnussen-duel
Sports and Games How is Kevin: the balance of power on this year's grid