Kägelbanan was opened in 1887 and is today the South of the theatre's greatest scene, and one of the most important medium-sized venues for live music. Last year the conference was held in which 70 public events with a total of just over 30,000 visitors.
But after complaints from four neighbors on Katarinavägen 20 to 22, demanded the management of the environment in a notice from February 2018 to the Southern theater, tackles the noise. The theatre puts on 16 June, therefore, the down konsertverksamheten at Kägelbanan, for an indefinite period of time.
ceo Samuel Laulajainen, the decision is ”not so drastic”:
– We'll move it up we had at Kägelbanan to the rest of the house, newly refurbished Southern bar and main stage. Then we'll evaluate Kägelbanan.
He says that they have had constant discussions with the neighbors about the noise level at concerts, and the accompanying consumption around Mosebacke square.
– It is difficult. We want to be able to drive the entertainment and culture, even in the middle of town, and not relegated to some industrial area outside of town. Of course, we are Stockholm's most venerable cultural institution and want to continue with the entertainment. So we are trying to solve it.
been working with music all of his adult life, and recognize the problem from when he drove the stage for the live music at Scandic Malmen.
– There we held on for almost two years with a neighbor across the street. It really was not late or in the vicinity as high.
the environmental administration has limited the number of summer concerts at the Southern theater in the years to 19, with a call to action to reduce the level of noise of the neighbours. According to Karin Hultman, administrative director of the indoor environment, is the injunction, however, did not Kägelbanan, but if the theatre's outdoor stage Mosebacketerrassen.
Read also: Popular queerkrog were forced to shut down when the neighbors complained
– the Southern theater, has voluntarily moved into the business at Kägelbanan. There is no requirement we set. The terrace remains a disturbing moment, and we have seen how many plays that are reasonable for this year, " says Karin Hultman.
the decision on appeal, so that a practice can emerge about what that may be sustained by local residents in an urban environment.
According to the background to the injunction indicated a notifier although the noise from Kägelbanan ”several times a week, mainly Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays between there is a 22.00–05.00”. Southern theatre are only open as long as the maximum ten times per year, and the measurements in his apartment at a concert amounted to 33 decibels (dBA). This corresponds to the level in a quiet library, but is over Folkhälsomyndighetens the general council on 25 decibels.
however, He has moved, and today the company is run the case mainly of the another housing, in whose apartment it was measured 60 decibels indoors with closed windows at a gig on the Terrace. He believes that the Southern theater, has tried to bargain with him, and offered to stop with the music at Kägelbanan on the fact that they are allowed to continue as planned in the rest of the house.
" We can't put less importance on a case just because it is a person who complains. Our measurements give an objective value that is likely to apply for more dwellings in the same area, and 60 decibels is extremely loud. We base our decision on such measurements, and what they mean in relation to the Folkhälsomyndighetens advice, " says Karin Hultman.
– It is the Southern theater, causing ljudstörningen, and what comes Kägelbanan, we have only asked for an investigation. They would come in with a suggestion if the sound insulation in new homes, so we take a position on it, but they have moved the operations. So all we can do is to reduce the number of plays on the Terrace, " says Karin Hultman.
Södra teatern, one of Stockholm's oldest entertainment center. Already in the 1840s, there was, according to the theatre's history-a derelict inn that housed the ”old men from the neighbourhood who smoked clay pipes and drank toddy”, and a dozen years later was built the dance hall, rides and theatre.
in 2018, the operations Södra teatern AB and the property Mosebacke 10 to the real estate company Maelir AB IN connection with the changed theatre also its management.
Jakob Johansson, ceo of Maelir AB, said: ”We are extremely proud and excited to have had the opportunity to acquire the best entertainment and kulturpalats, Southern theatre and Mosebacke. Our ambition is to drive the business forward in line with today's business where food, entertainment, the arts, clubs and concerts account for a content that create the unique profile that the Southern theater.”
Jakob Johansson does not want to answer questions about whether or not there are economic incentives to close Kägelbanan. He refers to the Southern theatre's ceo Samuel Laulajainen, which says that the real estate company is involved, but that the decision on the operation in the future be taken by the theatre.
" We have not made a decision on Kägelbanan, but we notice that it is difficult to deal with these complaints. I know that the previous wiring had the same challenges.
" We will evaluate in the fall. So I can neither confirm or deny.
Read also: Nightlife is becoming less place when Stockholm is growing
Kulturborgarrådet Jonas Naddebo if the beleaguered entertainment