Volvo Cars ceo Håkan Samuelsson has every reason to be satisfied with the sales and model launches in 2018. The number of sold cars increased for the sixth year in a row, and passed for the first time in 600,000 cars. In 2015, the blown up halvmiljonvallen. The next goal is the 800,000 cars.
The mid-sized suven XC60 was the best-seller globally. In Sweden ended up the big w 90-series in the top.
had a busy year on several fronts with fabriksinvigning in the united states, and the launch of the new models V60, V60 Cross country and the sedan S60. But it was also a year with a set börsplaner and negative effects of trade wars between China and the united states. More about it will we know when the financial statements are presented in February.
Models XC40 and XC60 received the award for car of the Year and this Year's car in the world.
IN the united states, where Volvo previously had major problems, sales rose by 21 percent to 98.263 cars.
which Volvo Cars for many years remained at a share of around 20%, however, there was a decline of seven per cent to just under 70.000 cars. It gave a market share of 19.8 per cent, as against 19.9 m in the prior year.
the Decline was in line with how the market went.
– now, When we sum up the year, it feels extra good to note that we achieved the goals we had for the year 2018. We have solidified our role as the market leader, " says Kristian Elvefors, president and ceo of Volvo Car Sweden.
– We anticipate that for the years 2019 to maintain our place as market leader and is aiming to at the end of the year have, as in previous years, a market share of around 20 percent.
Volvo has had a high proportion of diesel, especially in the larger models. What do you think about the distribution of petrol, diesel in the year?
– We can see a slightly downward trend for diesel cars but it is difficult today to estimate how the percentage allocation between the two fuel alternatives becomes.Kristian Elvefors, ceo of Volvo Car Sweden Photo: Volvo press photo
How do you see privatleasing or your variant Care by Volvo?
– We plan for the 2019 to be able to offer prospective customers competitive and interesting offers in the framework of the Care by Volvo. Generally, we are convinced that the interest to subscribe to a car will grow ever stronger in the coming years.
" the Demand for hybrids is high on many of the Volvo Cars markets. During the year, we will be more laddhybridversioner on the Swedish market.
– If I compare the 2018 2017 so we have almost doubled the number of registered plug-in hybrids from Volvo Cars. For 2019, the increase to continue.
What modellnyheter expected during the year?
– We have an exciting year ahead of us but I can not yet tell you which modellnyheter we come up with. We have then 2014 had a unique rate of launches of new models, in principle, our entire product range is renewed.
Link to the graphics