After the disastrous dam break in an iron ore mine in Brazil, the forces continued on Sunday after several hours of interruption, the search for the more than 280 Missing. The risk of a second dam collapse was averted, said Flavio Godinho from the civil protection. The mine operator Vale said, after the evacuation, the people could now return to their homes.
so Far, 37 bodies recovered, for 287 Missing inventory have been little hope. 130 Israeli soldiers were on the way to Brazil to help in the search.
The fire Department had vacated due to the fear of a second disaster, several places in the Region. Around 24,000 people are brought in safety, as the fire and rescue services. The mine operator Vale was previously the basin of a restraint increased water levels to be measured and an Alarm is triggered.
On Friday was broken, a other dam of the Mine, and had caused a mud avalanche. At least 37 people were killed in the accident were killed, about 250 were missed on Sunday. The death toll is expected to rise even further.More about
accident in Brumadinho, hundreds Dead after a dam break in Brazil
fears of How it came exactly to the time of the accident was still unclear, said Vale President Fábio Schvartsman. Overall, ergo around twelve million cubic metres of sludge on the plant and the nearby settlements are not according to the company. (dpa, AFP)