The well-known sexologist Joan Ørting now regrets his defense of the voldtægtsdømte krammeterapeut, Per Brændgaard, who she in the weekends spent at his sexologuddannelse.
- It was wrong of me to give my opinion on the matter, says Joan Ørting.
Then, BT on Monday revealed that the 47-year-old krammeterapeut at the weekend participated in teaching at the Joan Ørtings sexologkursus, maintained she otherwise, Per Brændgaard was innocent, even though the Copenhagen city Court in January convicted him of rape against a 29-year-old woman during a so-called terapisituation in his apartment
The same thing she stated in an interview with Ekstra Bladet earlier Monday.
- It is important that some of us women. It is wild that there is a voldtægtsdom without evidence. It is the inquisition. 14 months in prison without evidence. It is as if the man has dealt with an example for all men in this here world. Can it really be true that men today will be judged without evidence. Is this a new inquisition? Is it a new age where men are being burned as witches?, it sounded from Joan Ørting, since the Extra Leaf for the first time interviewed the well-known sexologist on the matter.
- Per Brændgaard was with on the weekend-module. It was about abuse, rape and incest. So I have guests from the world of reality. Barrels-the Girl was also with. I invite many women who have been victims of incest or had been raped. There are also some under the sexologuddannelse in the class, who themselves are the victims of rape, explained Joan Ørting, who do not see any problem in use Per Brændgaard in the education of future sexologists.
- Right now he the free. He appealed the case, so there is not anything illegal. He is current. Why should he not be able to come in and speak at my school? Why don't I do a podcast with Per Brændgaard? He has appealed the case. There are sure a lot of women who are angry at him. Because he has been with many women. Many think why I got him not alone?, continued Joan Ørting, who informs that she is personal friend with the Per Brændgaard.
But subsequently turned the experienced and medievante sexologist back to Ekstra Bladet. She was shocked by the violent reactions after the BT's article.
- I accept the punishment, Per Brændgaard has been in the district court. When he was inside with me in the weekend, he was inside that case at the time with krænkelseskultur, we are living in right now. It is exciting also to have one with that sitting in the middle of it. It is our theme of the training. The power struggle that is currently between men and women. Therefore, he was inside. It was like the case. He did not lecture. We were allowed to ask him.
- So the students could ask questions to him?
- Yes, and discuss everything here about rape. It was our theme. If people can be outraged by it, then we have also had other overgrebsmænd inside and talk. If we could be so lucky to get a pedophile into, then it could be exciting to hear about where he stalled in his life. We are the sexologists. It is the us who sits with these cases. We need to learn something.
- But I don't inside for rape. It is the last thing I do. I have not heard it from the woman's side – I have just heard the Pers page. It was wrong of me to give my opinion on the matter. It I should not have done.
- But you said that you felt that the Per Brændgaard was innocent?
- I think not more. Because I can't say. I have not heard her side of the case. But it is, because I know Per (Brændgaard), so you can not imagine it. But I am not a prosecutor or a lawyer or a judge. I will possibly not confuse me more.
Per Brændgaard has appealed the byrettens judgment. He announces on Facebook that he is closed for new private krammeveninder. The case is according to Brændgaard on krænkelseskultur and men's certainty after the #meto-wave. Photo: Mogens Flindt
- Coming sexologists can learn something from the violators or perpetrators of rape?
- Yes, what is there in them? What has happened before? They themselves violated as children? We hear much from the victims – but we the game interested in it all. Therefore, he was invited into as a case study. But I recognise byrettens judgment.
- Will you use him again on your sexologuddannelse?
- No. Right now I'm completely in shock over the reaction that has come from thousands of women against me. I regret each and every word. It is completely misunderstood. If I had been lucky enough to get hold of a pedophile, so I would vouch that he came into my school and told me – but I do not stand inside for his actions. Now is it me being burned at the stake. I have really learned something from, says Joan Ørting.