Our 80-year-old ferielov is out of step with the european laws, and therefore sent for scrap.
1. september 2020 will be the replaced by a new law, which among other things means that one can use his vacation already the month after, you've earned it.
But before the new law comes into force, up to september 2020, be a period of transition, which requires a little talgymnastik and planning to tackle, if you want to be sure to keep its long paid summer vacation or thanksgiving - without having to pay some of the days even.
But there is no reason to panic, you're not going to lose some of its 'paid holiday'. You will eventually get paid or refunded his accumulated vacation pay that is being 'frozen' during the transition period and paid out when retiring or leaving the labour market for other reasons.
- We call the transition from 1. may 2020 to 1. september 2020 for the 'miniferieåret', explains Peter Salling Petersen, chief consultant of the trade union Djøf. In the period of time when the man only to earn 16,7 holidays, where you usually will have earned 25 days.
- If you would like to have his long vacation paid here and now, you can do two things, saith the council from Peter Salling Petersen.
- you can Either agree with his employer to transfer some of the holiday from the year before - which one has earned in the calendar year 2018 for use during the leave year 1.may 2019 to 30. april 2020. Or you can also supplement with days from the extra sixth holiday week or other special holidays, like the vast majority in the labour market has available.
- in General, as an employee choose to save a bit on his vacation and put some days aside for now, so you can drop a little extra on holidays down in his summer holidays in 2020, he says.