The case of the U-Bahn-Pöblers was discussed in last week wide, there was violence against police officers, civil courage and the role of social media. And yet the action seemed clear: A man attacked in the subway a object protector of the police, a witness filmed the and the movie to the Internet. The police accused the witnesses then in social media, to have the wrong behavior: "Civilian heroes would have been able to help in many different ways. To make a Video of what is happening to the grid is NO help.“
But now it turns out: The sequence of events was, according to the daily mirror research, is quite different. The police has to do it now instead, with a fierce charge: the transfer of investigative material. Because the Video was of the police, before it landed on the Internet. The 32-second Film has been illegally asked by the Berlin police on the Internet.
According to daily mirror information, the Video circulated first in group chats by police officers in the messenger service Whatsapp. From there, it is according to daily mirror information by a civil servant on a Twitter Account in the Public.
A witness reports, the who has recorded the Video
The daily mirror, the witness who had recorded the Video in the subway reported. He reported that he had passed the Video on the day after the fact to the police via Whatsapp. An official in the section 63 in Kaulsdorf've asked him to do so.daily mirror people for Free order
He had not drawn as a layman in police matters no suspicion that Whatsapp is, of course, the correct method to pass a evidence. Whether it was a mobile phone service or a private of the officers, do not know the witness. The police were able to say on Sunday. The witness said that he released the Video yourself anywhere.
He describes the course of events fact: On Friday, the 18th. In January, he went with the U5 home. Shortly after 15 o'clock, a policeman and the young man had risen at the station Wuhletal in the wagon. The young man – as a "Pöbler" since known to have attacked the police officers immediately verbally. Loud, aggressive, foul-mouthed.
"I'm on the abusive man approached and said ,now will you calm down'." The man had turned to him immediately and him – "what do you want?". The witness describes the Events. "Since I have taken me back." And he thought, a police officer must be able to assist. It was not a real officer, but only an object-protectors of the police in a similar Uniform, this he did not notice, says the witness.
"Instinctively" his Smartphone to turn on
"Instinctively," he then switches on his Smartphone – and after exactly 32 seconds to 15.07 hrs switched off, out of concern that the cry could notice the end of man the device. Just 32 seconds, it came to the physical attack of the attacker on the Uniformed. At the next Station to the attacker, and a police officer were dropped.
He had seen the attacker run away and the Uniformed man is not far behind came. With a woman, the witness had spoken then, in further travel, the have said that they will go to the police. "When I came on a Saturday, to the police, I was expected," reported the witness. Because the other witness had already testified that there was a video recording of the incident.
on Sunday, 20. January, Twitter released the Video is now deleted. A police spokesman said that it was not allowed to send Videos or photos via Whatsapp, because the servers were located in Germany. Data would have to be directly in a computer, the police transferred.
The Spread of Material from an investigation in "non-service" channels such as Whatsapp is a clear violation of the service regulations of the police would be against the data protection and a criminal Offence. It is not only identifying material public, but that the personality are also the rights of the attacker injured.
public investigation would have been unlikely
That prosecutors and police have launched a public manhunt, is highly unlikely – the accusation is not hard enough. In fact, the police officials have started with the Video, but a kind of non-official public investigation. The attacker was also recognized because he is a public Prosecutor and a police record.
officers of the section reported in any case, after the Video was released on Sunday a week ago on Twitter. The 23-Year-old from mahlsdorf was identified, and on Friday in a courthouse to be arrested. There, he had an appointment in any other thing. Since Saturday he is free again, reasons for a remand, there was the justice.
The accusation that investigative material was illegally put into the grid, said police spokesman Thilo Calbitz on Sunday: "We take the suspicion very seriously and will enlighten him wholeheartedly. To ensure this, however, it is also necessary to give the colleague the opportunity to comment. Only with the completion of the comprehensive clarification of the Facts is an objective statement about the actual course of action can be taken.“
The dissemination of the Videos by police officers could have consequences, if the attacker is a threat to court. He could give notice of a violation of the due process of law. In addition, he could claim that the Video was illegal been widely used, and he was clearly recognizable. The on your own trade officers should have the goal of making the attacker thing, achieved – but possibly at a price: criminal discount due to violation of rule-of-law principles.More about
Berlin police metro touch-Pöbler thanks to Twitter-VideoAlexander Fröhlich Helena Piontek
Twelve of the Newsletter, twelve districts: Our people-the Newsletter from all districts of Berlin you can order for free here: leute.tagesspiegel.de