20190214 the Text has been updated and has added a clarification.
During the winter, Göteborgs-Posten (GP) examined how the våldbejakande slaughtered Djurfront to have threatened, harassed and violated with Swedish farmers. At the end of January, the newspaper reported that a number of the organization's active also been volunteers at the Vegomässan – a food fair with thousands of visitors run by the organisation Djurrättsalliansen.
the Ica and Axfoodägda Guarantor have been some of the fair's ”premiumutställare”, that is to say that they paid a higher amount to participate, had a larger booth and appeared in the flyers. On Monday announced the Ica that they set up their participation at this year's fair. Ola Fernvall, head of media relations at Ica, says to the newspaper ATL that their participation has been perceived as a support for the Djurfronts documents, and, therefore, it is important to ”clarify where Ica stands”.
in the past premiumutställare with the brand Embrace, to set this year's participation.
"We have had the intention to be with, but want to now follow this trend before we take a decision," says Cecilia Franck, head of media relations at Orkla Foods Sweden, to DN.
She adds that ”the last word is not said”.
– We have a very good dialogue with Djurrättsalliansen, which shall take measures to ensure that persons are not standing up for their values to be kept away from the participation at the fair.
– Now we want to see what the measures are. And how Djurrättsalliansen clarify, both for visitors and for us, what they stand for as an organisation.
Even Axfood is in discussion with Djurrättsalliansen. Editor-in-chief Claes Salomonsson writes in an email to DN to their brand Garant has been premiumutställare for two years, but do not plan to participate this year.
– We read them with dismay. But since we do not have any trade shows planned so it is no decision that is changed or set after publiceringarna.
in Addition to the larger companies also says glassmakarna Three Friends and the food manufacturer Da Carla that they comply with the development and soon to make a decision about their participation.
– There are serious accusations, and now when the Ica dropped out of the ports in a slightly different light. But we have still not said boo or baa, " says Carla Angelini Hägg, chef at Da Carla.
is firmly determined to remain. Among them, from Swedish Vego. Editor-in-chief Mattias Kristiansson says to DN that the violent activists received disproportionate attention.
" I think that the Ica took a hasty decision. It is unreasonable to Djurrättsalliansen expected to have full knowledge on what all the hundreds of volunteers before and after their participation.
– Everyone has a different way to bring vegorörelsen forward, and I am against violence. But the våldsbejakande is a small part of all the activists.
Even the Magazine Oxygen stands firm in his decision to participate as premiumutställare. Editor-in-chief Lennart Fernström call in a text message to the media world Ica's decision ”cowardly and ignorant”.
– To require the organizers to keep track of what each volunteer has done in all circumstances is not only unreasonable, but would also probably require illegal acts.
" We are looking to increase our participation in the Vegomässan after this.
says that they may take the hit for actions they did not commit.
" It is regrettable, it is wrong and unfair that we should be held accountable for the alleged acts that we as an organization and organizer of the open takes away from. And that is not our business to do.
– Similarly, it is unreasonable and absurd that we are required to have control over what hundreds of gratisarbetande volunteers do in their spare time. Had we been aware that the individuals not supported ickevåldsprincipen they had not, of course, welcomed as volunteers.
" We had of course hoped that the been left.
" We are a small non-profit organization that wears to the fair. The work is lined with that we'll take the hit for something we have not done is, of course, jätteknäckande, sad and tiring. But we try to keep the focus on the show and its ickevåldsliga idea.
Clarification: the DN has updated the text and clarified that it is about individual volunteers linked to the exhibition in a review accused of violent djurrättsaktivism.